• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Solar Eclipse 2017 - good excuse for a road trip...

AKsuited

https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/best-places-to-view/

The foremost criterion for selecting a site is the weather. Any location along the path of totality from Oregon to South Carolina can enjoy good weather on eclipse day, but the western half of the United States, especially from the Willamette Valley of Oregon to the Nebraska Sandhills, will enjoy the very best weather odds. You can watch the weather forecasts starting a week before eclipse day to judge whether you can strike for a spot close to home or drive further afield.

Harry

Yes, I will be sitting at the center of path when it happens--just hope the weather cooperates. Pack your tent and sleeping bag if you haven't already made a motel reservation. Motels in a lot of cities in the path are already pretty well booked up, what with the international groups of eclipse-chasers.
Best,
DG

Lucky for me it is a nice one day ride. No over nite needed.

Depending on weather, I will ride to someplace get out the camera, sit down and watch.

Rod

Back