• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Uncomfortable passenger

..Thanks! It's now close between this BMW comfort windshield and the Aeroflow tall. Can you tell me more about the BMW shield? Especially regarding the passenger experience? My wife is gettng quite a bit of buffeting and noise. BMW seems better quality. But member "ihbond" posted a video and Aeroflow tall looks great. I heard too many mixed reviews about the Werks and Cee Bailey. Not enough passenger info. on the Cal sci. Thanks.

Thanks Bob. Did your passenger notice a big difference also?

She never rode with me with the Stock windscreen, so I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes back there. But, she has never complained about wind buffeting or noise.

..Thanks! It's now close between this BMW comfort windshield and the Aeroflow tall. Can you tell me more about the BMW shield? Especially regarding the passenger experience? My wife is gettng quite a bit of buffeting and noise. BMW seems better quality. But member "ihbond" posted a video and Aeroflow tall looks great. I heard too many mixed reviews about the Werks and Cee Bailey. Not enough passenger info. on the Cal sci. Thanks.

My passenger is only an occasional rider, maybe 10% of my rides, but she did notice an increase in buffeting with the Werks compared to OEM. Not oppressive but she remarked on it. For me air was definitely smoother with Werks except at its lowest setting, at which the OEM was smoother. I almost always prefer to keep a screen at its lowest setting for visibility. Werks' optical distortion became a concern for me so I switched to a BMW Comfort and she incidentally noted smoother air especially when at its lowest position compared to Werks.

The BMW Comfort is the most expensive (no surprise) aftermarket screen, but optical distortion is a distraction so it was worth it to me. Another point for me is appearance in that the Werks' style/shape isn't my favorite. The BMW Comfort shape/style is basically a wider and slightly taller version of the OEM. By the way, most photos of the BMW Comfort screen don't clearly show the progressive "shading" and "R1200RT" graphics near the bottom point (not visible from the riding position). I like the graphics but others may not.

Below is a video frame from my Sena showing the view through the BMW Comfort. It's raised about 75% and I'm actually looking over the top of it but you can see that the only distortion is at the extreme edge -- and in fact it is actually less than that because the helmet-mounted camera is quite a bit off-axis from centered forward eye view. Anyway, Werks is a nice screen at a good price and YMMV, I just prefer the Comfort.

BMWComf.jpg

My passenger is only an occasional rider, maybe 10% of my rides, but she did notice an increase in buffeting with the Werks compared to OEM. Not oppressive but she remarked on it. For me air was definitely smoother with Werks except at its lowest setting, at which the OEM was smoother. I almost always prefer to keep a screen at its lowest setting for visibility. Werks' optical distortion became a concern for me so I switched to a BMW Comfort and she incidentally noted smoother air especially when at its lowest position compared to Werks.

The BMW Comfort is the most expensive (no surprise) aftermarket screen, but optical distortion is a distraction so it was worth it to me. Another point for me is appearance in that the Werks' style/shape isn't my favorite. The BMW Comfort shape/style is basically a wider and slightly taller version of the OEM. By the way, most photos of the BMW Comfort screen don't clearly show the progressive "shading" and "R1200RT" graphics near the bottom point (not visible from the riding position). I like the graphics but others may not.

Below is a video frame from my Sena showing the view through the BMW Comfort. It's raised about 75% and I'm actually looking over the top of it but you can see that the only distortion is at the extreme edge -- and in fact it is actually less than that because the helmet-mounted camera is quite a bit off-axis from centered forward eye view. Anyway, Werks is a nice screen at a good price and YMMV, I just prefer the Comfort.

View attachment 61094
...Thanks very much! This is very helpful!

Back