Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Uncomfortable passenger

Quote Originally Posted by tubaguy View Post
    This is great to know. Which size did you guys get? Also, anyone try a Ztechnik windscreen?
    The 24" Standard model.

Doesn't bother me

...Thank you very much for this. The flare up at the top of the Aeroflow tall shield doesn't bother you, optically? If you keep it just below eye level and look at the road conditions, is there distortion?
    The slight distortion does not bother me, my view Is typically over the shield..but the times I have had it fully extended, it does not bother me...

And btw your welcome for reposting that video

DigtlArtst
    Which height did you choose?
    I think there's only one height. Part number is 77338543540.

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/produ...8543540-p-3379

NYrider
    Quote Originally Posted by ihbond View Post
    The slight distortion does not bother me, my view Is typically over the shield..but the times I have had it fully extended, it does not bother me...

And btw your welcome for reposting that video
    ..I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this based on your good research.
    Here are the options for size on their site:

Actual length of AeroScreens when measured from top to bottom:
    Standard: 23 3/4"
    Medium: 25 1/4"
    Tall: 26 3/4"
    Extra Tall: 28 1/4" - Coming mid-February
    ..You said you liked the large. Which one of these is that?
    NYrider

Here is the description..

..I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this based on your good research.
    Here are the options for size on their site:

Actual length of AeroScreens when measured from top to bottom:
    Standard: 23 3/4"
    Medium: 25 1/4"
    Tall: 26 3/4"
    Extra Tall: 28 1/4" - Coming mid-February
    ..You said you liked the large. Which one of these is that?
    This is what I ordered.
    R1200RTW Tall Height AeroScreen ('14-On)

Which size did you guys get?
    I have the Tall (26") Werks shield on my RT, ride with Werks shield lower than I used to run with the stock one and get less wind noise.

NYrider
    Quote Originally Posted by Digtlartst View Post
    I think there's only one height. Part number is 77338543540.

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/produ...8543540-p-3379
    ..Thanks! It's now close between this BMW comfort windshield and the Aeroflow tall. Can you tell me more about the BMW shield? Especially regarding the passenger experience? My wife is gettng quite a bit of buffeting and noise. BMW seems better quality. But member "ihbond" posted a video and Aeroflow tall looks great. I heard too many mixed reviews about the Werks and Cee Bailey. Not enough passenger info. on the Cal sci. Thanks.
    NYrider

Thanks Bob. Did your passenger notice a big difference also?
    She never rode with me with the Stock windscreen, so I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes back there. But, she has never complained about wind buffeting or noise.
    Bob
    2014 R1200RT

DigtlArtst
    ..Thanks! It's now close between this BMW comfort windshield and the Aeroflow tall. Can you tell me more about the BMW shield? Especially regarding the passenger experience? My wife is gettng quite a bit of buffeting and noise. BMW seems better quality. But member "ihbond" posted a video and Aeroflow tall looks great. I heard too many mixed reviews about the Werks and Cee Bailey. Not enough passenger info. on the Cal sci. Thanks.
    My passenger is only an occasional rider, maybe 10% of my rides, but she did notice an increase in buffeting with the Werks compared to OEM. Not oppressive but she remarked on it. For me air was definitely smoother with Werks except at its lowest setting, at which the OEM was smoother. I almost always prefer to keep a screen at its lowest setting for visibility. Werks' optical distortion became a concern for me so I switched to a BMW Comfort and she incidentally noted smoother air especially when at its lowest position compared to Werks.

The BMW Comfort is the most expensive (no surprise) aftermarket screen, but optical distortion is a distraction so it was worth it to me. Another point for me is appearance in that the Werks' style/shape isn't my favorite. The BMW Comfort shape/style is basically a wider and slightly taller version of the OEM. By the way, most photos of the BMW Comfort screen don't clearly show the progressive "shading" and "R1200RT" graphics near the bottom point (not visible from the riding position). I like the graphics but others may not.

Below is a video frame from my Sena showing the view through the BMW Comfort. It's raised about 75% and I'm actually looking over the top of it but you can see that the only distortion is at the extreme edge -- and in fact it is actually less than that because the helmet-mounted camera is quite a bit off-axis from centered forward eye view. Anyway, Werks is a nice screen at a good price and YMMV, I just prefer the Comfort.

BMWComf.jpg

NYrider
    Quote Originally Posted by Digtlartst View Post
    My passenger is only an occasional rider, maybe 10% of my rides, but she did notice an increase in buffeting with the Werks compared to OEM. Not oppressive but she remarked on it. For me air was definitely smoother with Werks except at its lowest setting, at which the OEM was smoother. I almost always prefer to keep a screen at its lowest setting for visibility. Werks' optical distortion became a concern for me so I switched to a BMW Comfort and she incidentally noted smoother air especially when at its lowest position compared to Werks.

The BMW Comfort is the most expensive (no surprise) aftermarket screen, but optical distortion is a distraction so it was worth it to me. Another point for me is appearance in that the Werks' style/shape isn't my favorite. The BMW Comfort shape/style is basically a wider and slightly taller version of the OEM. By the way, most photos of the BMW Comfort screen don't clearly show the progressive "shading" and "R1200RT" graphics near the bottom point (not visible from the riding position). I like the graphics but others may not.

Below is a video frame from my Sena showing the view through the BMW Comfort. It's raised about 75% and I'm actually looking over the top of it but you can see that the only distortion is at the extreme edge -- and in fact it is actually less than that because the helmet-mounted camera is quite a bit off-axis from centered forward eye view. Anyway, Werks is a nice screen at a good price and YMMV, I just prefer the Comfort.

BMWComf.jpg
    ...Thanks very much! This is very helpful!
    NYrider