• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Election 2017 information location??

Voyager

I received my paper ballot in the mail today. It lists four URLs for the candidates. When I enter the URLs, I get an error saying "page not found."

The cover letter from Reece Mullins said there would be a forum here for the election. I searched and found nothing. Is anyone aware of its location and/or the location of the candidate bios?

Looks like an email to Kurt Schrader is my next step...

I received my paper ballot in the mail today. It lists four URLs for the candidates. When I enter the URLs, I get an error saying "page not found."

The cover letter from Reece Mullins said there would be a forum here for the election. I searched and found nothing. Is anyone aware of its location and/or the location of the candidate bios?

Looks like an email to Kurt Schrader is my next step...
Welcome to the forum!
Not sure how there could be a prediction of an accurate URL :scratch Unless.......it's just to the forum. Mine came today with ON....will take a look.
As Kurt mentioned, it will be up shortly. Good to see you on the forum. Hopefully the election will bering more long time Members, first time posters to the forum!
Gary

Wonder why that wasn't made public as well?

Mike -

I can't answer that, but as has been the case in the past, the election forum should be coincident with the release of the April ON which ideally is on April 1st. Of course, the vagaries of the mailing system, some get the ON early, some get it late. So, setting some kind of "goal", opening the forum discussion up before some have even received their magazine is a little unfair. That's been the thinking in the past.

Wonder why that wasn't made public as well?

Mike -

I can't answer that, but as has been the case in the past, the election forum should be coincident with the release of the April ON which ideally is on April 1st. Of course, the vagaries of the mailing system, some get the ON early, some get it late. So, setting some kind of "goal", opening the forum discussion up before some have even received their magazine is a little unfair. That's been the thinking in the past.

Mike,
I can answer that. As the secretary it is my duty IAW the bylaws to facilitate the election process. My submission to the ON regarding the election, published in December and the update published this month in the April edition, intentionally omitted the exact date regarding the election forum. I made a decision to do so for three reasons, 1. This is my first time performing these tasks as the secretary, and in doing so I'm learning on the job. Strategically, I'm learning that if my articles are to be published, it is in everyones best interest that I not pontificate on information I'm not 100% sure of, I ask as many questions as I can, and push drafts to fellow board members and staff to clean up any information that may be incorrect, or in need of editing as time permits keeping with submission deadlines. 2. Last year there was an election process problem that caused the ballots to be re-mailed, and the election, and election forum were delayed as a result. When publishing facts, I find wording that facilitates potential contingencies like my example from last year's election, useful, hence my discretion to not use a specific date for the club house election forum going live. 3. I completely trust the fine volunteers that administrate and moderate the forum to keep me and the MOA straight during the election process, because unlike me, this is not their first rodeo when it comes to the process of the election forum.
Kurt,
Thanks for your hard work and effort and trying to keep me straight. I'll be monitoring the election forum and associated threads like this one to ensure clarity and facilitate the needs of our members.
I'm really excited about our four candidates and am looking forward to working with the two victorious directors come July.

Reece
SECMOA

Last edited:
I see the bios are up today ... a little early. :)

I was surprised that the USPS was faster than the WWW.

Thanks,
Matt

So where did you find them? I've looked around and done a search for "Elections" and can't find anything.

So where did you find them? I've looked around and done a search for "Elections" and can't find anything.

Seems like they are up off the main page. They will be here on the forum on the first- Saturday.
OM

Look at your ballot...if you still have it. The URLs for those bios are written below each candidate. Of course, they're in ON...and as Gary said, will be echoed on the forum starting this Saturday.

Look at your ballot...if you still have it. The URLs for those bios are written below each candidate. Of course, they're in ON...and as Gary said, will be echoed on the forum starting this Saturday.

Marvelous. Just marvelous. Once I get my magazine where I can read the bio in the magazine, then I can look up the URL on the ballot so I can read the same thing on line. Whoever thought up this bit of total dips#itery needs to rethink things, methinks.

So would somebody who has a ballot with the URLs please post them here. Thank you.

p.s. I just voted for the trustees of my retirement fund electronically. That needs to be a lot more secure than my motorcycle club. Does anybody think the MOA may eventually join the 21st century?

Marvelous. Just marvelous. Once I get my magazine where I can read the bio in the magazine, then I can look up the URL on the ballot so I can read the same thing on line. Whoever thought up this bit of total dips#itery needs to rethink things, methinks.

So would somebody who has a ballot with the URLs please post them here. Thank you.

p.s. I just voted for the trustees of my retirement fund electronically. That needs to be a lot more secure than my motorcycle club. Does anybody think the MOA may eventually join the 21st century?

:scratch
I think that it's really tough to coordinate a mailing and digital announcements. April first is the date for the forum. If you happen to get your magazine on Saturday, all things have come together.
Voting on line- where? The forum, the new social media deal, perhaps the Facebook page? It would seem we are some distance from that piece of land. The ON magazine is the only communication that every member now gets. Once the member receives the magazine, it's up to the member to vote- or not.
OM

Back