Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Election 2017 information location??

  1. #1

    Election 2017 information location??

    I received my paper ballot in the mail today. It lists four URLs for the candidates. When I enter the URLs, I get an error saying "page not found."

    The cover letter from Reece Mullins said there would be a forum here for the election. I searched and found nothing. Is anyone aware of its location and/or the location of the candidate bios?

    Looks like an email to Kurt Schrader is my next step...

  2. #2
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    20,700
    Save your emails!! The election forum won't be up until April 1.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  3. #3
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    14,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I received my paper ballot in the mail today. It lists four URLs for the candidates. When I enter the URLs, I get an error saying "page not found."

    The cover letter from Reece Mullins said there would be a forum here for the election. I searched and found nothing. Is anyone aware of its location and/or the location of the candidate bios?

    Looks like an email to Kurt Schrader is my next step...
    Welcome to the forum!
    Not sure how there could be a prediction of an accurate URL Unless.......it's just to the forum. Mine came today with ON....will take a look.
    As Kurt mentioned, it will be up shortly. Good to see you on the forum. Hopefully the election will bering more long time Members, first time posters to the forum!
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  4. #4
    Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Lakeland,FL
    Posts
    1,653
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Save your emails!! The election forum won't be up until April 1.
    Wonder why that wasn't made public as well?

  5. #5
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    20,700
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    Wonder why that wasn't made public as well?
    Mike -

    I can't answer that, but as has been the case in the past, the election forum should be coincident with the release of the April ON which ideally is on April 1st. Of course, the vagaries of the mailing system, some get the ON early, some get it late. So, setting some kind of "goal", opening the forum discussion up before some have even received their magazine is a little unfair. That's been the thinking in the past.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    Wonder why that wasn't made public as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Mike -

    I can't answer that, but as has been the case in the past, the election forum should be coincident with the release of the April ON which ideally is on April 1st. Of course, the vagaries of the mailing system, some get the ON early, some get it late. So, setting some kind of "goal", opening the forum discussion up before some have even received their magazine is a little unfair. That's been the thinking in the past.
    Mike,
    I can answer that. As the secretary it is my duty IAW the bylaws to facilitate the election process. My submission to the ON regarding the election, published in December and the update published this month in the April edition, intentionally omitted the exact date regarding the election forum. I made a decision to do so for three reasons, 1. This is my first time performing these tasks as the secretary, and in doing so I'm learning on the job. Strategically, I'm learning that if my articles are to be published, it is in everyones best interest that I not pontificate on information I'm not 100% sure of, I ask as many questions as I can, and push drafts to fellow board members and staff to clean up any information that may be incorrect, or in need of editing as time permits keeping with submission deadlines. 2. Last year there was an election process problem that caused the ballots to be re-mailed, and the election, and election forum were delayed as a result. When publishing facts, I find wording that facilitates potential contingencies like my example from last year's election, useful, hence my discretion to not use a specific date for the club house election forum going live. 3. I completely trust the fine volunteers that administrate and moderate the forum to keep me and the MOA straight during the election process, because unlike me, this is not their first rodeo when it comes to the process of the election forum.
    Kurt,
    Thanks for your hard work and effort and trying to keep me straight. I'll be monitoring the election forum and associated threads like this one to ensure clarity and facilitate the needs of our members.
    I'm really excited about our four candidates and am looking forward to working with the two victorious directors come July.

    Reece
    SECMOA
    Last edited by rangerreece; 03-28-2017 at 11:16 PM.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    1,525
    THANKS Reece! You're doing a great job!!
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '17 R12GSA (Outlaw Spirit)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    THANKS Reece! You're doing a great job!!
    I second that!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    2016 R1200GS

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Save your emails!! The election forum won't be up until April 1.
    I see the bios are up today ... a little early.

    I was surprised that the USPS was faster than the WWW.

    Thanks,
    Matt

  10. #10
    My ballot is now ready to mail.

  11. #11
    Registered User k12lts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I see the bios are up today ... a little early.

    I was surprised that the USPS was faster than the WWW.

    Thanks,
    Matt
    So where did you find them? I've looked around and done a search for "Elections" and can't find anything.
    2015 R1200RT, 2011 Ural Patrol, 1981 R100, 1975 R90S

    BMW MOA 37304

  12. #12
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    14,329
    Quote Originally Posted by k12lts View Post
    So where did you find them? I've looked around and done a search for "Elections" and can't find anything.
    Seems like they are up off the main page. They will be here on the forum on the first- Saturday.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  13. #13
    Registered User k12lts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Seems like they are up off the main page. They will be here on the forum on the first- Saturday.
    OM
    Thanks!
    2015 R1200RT, 2011 Ural Patrol, 1981 R100, 1975 R90S

    BMW MOA 37304

  14. #14
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    20,700
    Quote Originally Posted by k12lts View Post
    So where did you find them? I've looked around and done a search for "Elections" and can't find anything.
    Look at your ballot...if you still have it. The URLs for those bios are written below each candidate. Of course, they're in ON...and as Gary said, will be echoed on the forum starting this Saturday.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Look at your ballot...if you still have it. The URLs for those bios are written below each candidate. Of course, they're in ON...and as Gary said, will be echoed on the forum starting this Saturday.
    Marvelous. Just marvelous. Once I get my magazine where I can read the bio in the magazine, then I can look up the URL on the ballot so I can read the same thing on line. Whoever thought up this bit of total dips#itery needs to rethink things, methinks.

    So would somebody who has a ballot with the URLs please post them here. Thank you.

    p.s. I just voted for the trustees of my retirement fund electronically. That needs to be a lot more secure than my motorcycle club. Does anybody think the MOA may eventually join the 21st century?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Similar Threads

  1. 2017 RT ordering information ?
    By kellenbenz in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 11:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •