• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Getting Started Again in ATL- 1998 R1100R Anniversary or 2007 R1200R

JhaasATL

Hello to anyone out there. I grew up with bikes, trikes, off and on road. My first BMW was a R90/6 in pretty much perfect condition while in college. I am done lamenting the loss of it and looking to get back into riding again. It has been since 1995. I have an eye out for two bikes that could not be more different but are linked. 1998 R1100R Anniversary edition and 2007-11 R1200R. I'm torn because the 1998 is such a throw back to my R90/6 and the R1200 offers so much more and less (weight). Please feel free to weigh in on your experience with either bike. I'm in Atlanta so not looking for a commute but to get out of town and out into the country; SC, NC, TN.

imo you want the R1200R.... for the reasons you mention. A*much* better motorcycle even though the R1100s were no slouch.

Did you know that there's an Open House this Saturday at BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta? You can ask some questions there. Maybe they can talk you into a new one.... :evil

I don't know whether the other two dealers in town have their open houses... there is no info on their web sites.

Also check out the BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia.

Welcome here! :thumb

Ian

R90/6

I decided that I would start back with the classic I always regretted leaving and see where it takes me. I'll bring home a 1976 R90/6 tomorrow.

Attachments

• R90 1a.jpg
    R90 1a.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 18
Back