• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

pls opine on f700 GS accessories

the Wizard of Oz
So I pulled the trigger of a nice 2016 700GS and I need side, bags a rear rack, skid plate, crash/engine case guards. I like the aftermarket windscreen that's installed, and I like the BMW handguards that allow a larger piece to be attached and removed.

ALL my riding for the past 36 years has been on pavement, but I have plans for classes and eventually at least slightly more ADV type travels.:dance

I thought I saw Givi aluminum side cases at R'zilla ( no connection) AND mounts for about $1100. Dealership thinks the Touratech (again I have no connection) Zega's; either Mundo for about $1100, or the pro's, a couple hundred more are much better. and another $couple hundred for the mounts. Brooks is under $700 for the bags. Which makes me suspicious. Also, I wonder which mounts are universal. The machine is set up for Vario side cases....worth it if I find used?

The Givi skid plate is well-reviewed and a little less $$ than others. I think I just want the lower crash bars...

Write if you have time. I'd like to hear your experience and opinions, thanx.

Last edited:
I added givi crashbars, a moose racing skid plate (no off road yet) to mine. I also added givi handguards that just protect against the wind and a mirage 2 screen with an MRA deflector. So far I'm loving it. I have an aversion motech top plate and a Brocone Becker top box that I barely use (up for sale) as I prefer the vario cases. I doubt they will be any good if I fall with them but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Additionally I've added a USB power socket and a volt meter. I also have the led low and high from cyclops that are probably the best upgrade ever. I like the givi crash bars cause I don't need touring pegs to stretch my legs out as they fit perfectly in 2 positions on these bars.

c456f6f4d177e52a31f7ba7d1201dff9.jpg

PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

Zee

2000 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
2015 BMW F700GS

F700GS/F650GS Accessories I've Liked

I have an F650GS Twin, and most everything I've liked is also available or fits immediately on the F700GS. The things I've bought and liked include:

Geez, I've spent a lot of money over the years...

I thought I saw Givi aluminum side cases at R'zilla ( no connection) AND mounts for about $1100. Dealership thinks the Touratech (again I have no connection) Zega's; either Mundo for about $1100, or the pro's, a couple hundred more are much better. and another $couple hundred for the mounts. Brooks is under $700 for the bags. Which makes me suspicious. Also, I wonder which mounts are universal. The machine is set up for Vario side cases....worth it if I find used?

I highly recommend Jesse Luggage for your panniers. For nearly the same price as the products you mention, Jesse boxes are better made because they're hand-welded from thicker aluminum and shaped to resist bending in a fall, higher capacity while being narrower than the products you're looking at, fit closer to the bike and lower for better handling while fully loaded, and the bottom edges are shaped to improve your ability to paddle through soft going while also avoid breaking your lower leg in a get-off.

Build quality is top-drawer, think Halliburton luggage. Support is also top-notch, Al Jesse just sent me some replacement bits for my 18 year-old set that have endured over 130k miles of pounding.

The Traveller model fits your bike, and you can add a modular Camel Tank for extra fuel when on a long trip.

These are da kine!

Back