• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Corbin Canyon Dual Sport Seat Info.

enzo5000

Has anyone installed the Corbin Canyon Dual Sport Seat on their GS or GSA? I have one on another motorcycle I own and love the support they offer. I'm interested in riders impressions of this seat.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 2.51.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 2.51.11 PM.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 275
I have had a Corbin seat on every motorcycle I've owned since 1986..............
I have a Corbin ass.

I order one for my 2013 R1200GS. I HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not bucket shaped at all! Just not comfortable.

I sold it and ordered the Sargent. I'm very happy with the Sargent.

jason

Has anyone installed the Corbin Canyon Dual Sport Seat on their GS or GSA? I have one on another motorcycle I own and love the support they offer. I'm interested in riders impressions of this seat.

I put this seat on my 2013, and TBH I am not completely impressed. I've put over five thousand miles on it, and it still hasn't conformed to my butt. I will sell it with the bike, but next time around, I may look at the Sarget as well like Jason said...

http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-A...-Adventure-Touring-Seat-BMW-R1200GS-GSA-2013/

My seat: http://i.imgur.com/ELcyirs.jpg

Thanks for the input. I ordered a Sargent the other day. I'll compare it to stock and also to the Saddlemen.

Thanks for the input. I ordered a Sargent the other day. I'll compare it to stock and also to the Saddlemen.

The Saddlemen seat looked interesting but I wasn't feeling experimental after the bad Corbin experience.
I'd like to hear from someone that has one.

jason

Corbin canyon seat

I have a Corbin Dual canyon heated on my ST1300. 187,000 miles on it, Yes on the Corbin, had them on my Harleys, 95 Flstc ,07 Road king Classic.
There heavy seat they use there own seat pan. U don't get any adjustment up or down. On the ST middle only, low an your sliding into tank all the X. Talk about sliding in the seat my wife hates the Corbin just for the reason, Every down hill, slight braking action she slid forward. Me, by myself loved the seat.

I've got a Saddlemen on my GSA now and the Sargeant on order. I'll give impressions of both when the Sargeant arrives. One will be FOR SALE!

Attachments

• KP1_4143.jpg
    KP1_4143.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Never going to be a "verdict" on any seat. Every butt is different. Some fit some people's butts, some fit others. Corbin and Sargent seats are horribly uncomfortable to me. Stock bmw seats are the best.... For me.

Back