• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Navigator VI (Nav-VI) - April availability

alancoles

Dress for fall & avoid it
Garmin/BMW announced on Wednesday their release date for the new Navigator VI as being the first of April. Pricing is set at about $100 above the Nav-V which will continue to be sold alongside the new Nav-VI.

I don't have a North American part # yet, but the EU part # is 77528355994 if you're interested. No physical change to the unit, there are two very slight changes to the carrying case that I've noticed and that's it, changes are confined to the functionality and features of the unit itself.

Click here for the Garmin Announcement

Click here for the BMW Announcement

Looking forward to the release, I'm going to try and the the NA maps from my German dealership. Hopefully he'll be able to give me a reply soon.

No physical change to the unit,

A member on the RS forum from the Netherlands purchased one a couples days ago. It has a very thin bezel.
It's interesting, all the pictures I've seen show the VI looks the same as the V.

%20NavigatorVI.jpeg

Lee, I think they're almost identical.

I've seen two videos of the Nav-VI and aside from the front bezel and name, the back and internals appear to be the same. I think the front plastic housing of the GPS unit for the Nav-VI is slightly different, due to the circular polarisation filter perhaps, but that's the only physical change I can identify so far.

The info certainly appears to be that it is just the circular polarisation filter that's changed on the outside, DriveMag Riders state that the Nav-VI will mount in all existing BMW Nav-V mounts. https://riders.drivemag.com/ww/news/bmw-navigator-vi-price-announced

Lee, I think they're almost identical.

I've seen two videos of the Nav-VI and aside from the front bezel and name, the back and internals appear to be the same. I think the front plastic housing of the GPS unit for the Nav-VI is slightly different, due to the circular polarisation filter perhaps, but that's the only physical change I can identify so far.

Looking closer at the pictures I agree.

The Nav VI in the picture has the screen completely covering the surface instead of the screen being inset in the plastic surround. With the additional memory and with its ability to steam Bluetooth...my Nav V will be up for sale very soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A member on the RS forum from the Netherlands purchased one a couples days ago. It has a very thin bezel.
It's interesting, all the pictures I've seen show the VI looks the same as the V.

%20NavigatorVI.jpeg
If they are some how for sale in the EU then I'm not sure why I can find it online

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Nav VI in the picture has the screen completely covering the surface instead of the screen being inset in the plastic surround. With the additional memory and with its ability to steam Bluetooth...my Nav V will be up for sale very soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The outer surface goes to the edge, but it looks like there is a mask under it that surrounds the lit portion of the screen, so it could be the same size as the V.

I don't really like the glass being so close to the edge. Looks like a simple drop will break it. My V is very rugged and actually took a 50mph tumble on asphalt with just some small blemishes .

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My dealer agave me a price of $849. That is a $150 increase. wondering if any dealers will be offering deals like when the Nav V came out. $150 increase is a bit steep to me.

No response from my German dealer. Going to stop in at the Italian one on the way home today

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link Lee. Found out something that didn't appear in any of the literature:
select "Winding Roads", this time this option will avoid populated areas as much as practically possible. When you insert your start point and end point and the amount of time you would like to fill, it will calculate a random route that has some nice winding roads.
The literature simply stated that it had the "Winding Roads" feature, which a few of my Garmins already have (previous and current), but the Nav-VI adds the ability to enter a routing time length which is a new and valuable feature, for me at least.

Back