• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Convert Corbin Heated Seat connector to BMW Connector - 2007 K1200GT

sullycuse

Hello.

I am purchasing a used heated Corbin seat that has barrel type connectors. I was wondering if anyone knows of a repair cable so I can convert the Corbin seat connector into the BMW Connector to plug right into the existing plug on the bike. I am sure I could spice in a couple of barrel connectors to the existing wiring, but I was trying to avoid that. I would much rather convert the seat to match the bike.

Thanks

You should be able to identify the proper repair plug here at Max BMW. Up top, select on "61- Electrical System", Then, on the left, scroll down and select one of the two boxes labelled "REPAIR CABLE MAIN CABLE HARNESS". Pictures and part numbers will then be on the right. Or the parts guy at the dealer should be able to help.

Not sure I understand the question. Did the seat come with a controller and you are asking about wiring the controller so it can be plugged into the BMW accessory socket, or are you talking about directly connecting the seat to the wiring harness connector that the OEM seat uses? The first scenario would likely be done with an off-the-shelf adapter from a vendor like warmnsafe.com. The latter would be much more difficult to do and given the way BMW wires heated seats would likely leave you with only one heat level available. Can you clarify your project?
Best,
DG

My bike has OEM heated seats. I am purchasing a heated Corbin seat replacement. I would like to change the connector on the aftermarket Corbin so it can plug into the OEM connector already on my bike. Thanks for your help.

Here is the connector on the Cobra seat I got. I would like to convert this to the regular BMW connector, so I can simply plug into the bike.

DSC01755.jpg

I like that solution much better than Corbin's, since the factory wiring harness is not cut and spliced. A future return to stock will be plug-and-play. Another option would be to splice the BMW connector directly to the Corbin seat, cutting off the current bullet connectors. It's not as if the seat would ever be used on a non-BMW bike, so you could eliminate potential problems from the extra connection.

Did you miss reading post #2?

Hi Lee. I had seen that post, however, I could not determine which connector I needed by those pictures. #9 seems to be the one, however, the description on the link you sent says it is for "Function: 2-pole for brake-light switch, wheel-speed sensor." I was not sure if it would work for the heated seat.

Thanks for your input.

I ordered the heated seat connector from A$S BMW, then spliced it into the corbin wiring. Now, it works with the factory controls.

Back