• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

f700 GS bags???

the Wizard of Oz
Considering a 2016 f700 GS. Looks ike it's set up with the mount; a single post, for Vario bags. Looks like
I could get the mount for GIVI bags and the aluminum side cases for $30 dollars less than the Vario bags would cost.

Can you help me figure out some of the options here? I'd like to be able to have enough storage to be able to travel with my usual load of stuff, but like everyone, hate to spend too much more initially.

thanx

Last edited:
Considering a 2016 f700 GS. Looks ike it's set up with the mount; a single post, for Vario bags. Looks like
I could get the mount for GIVI bags and the aluminum side cases for $30 dollars less than the Vario bags would cost.

Can you help me figure out some of the options here? I'd like to be able to have enough storage to be able to travel with my usual load of stuff, but like everyone, hate to spend too much more initially.

thanx
Anything is better than the Vario panniers unless you are only going to ride on paved roads. Don't ask how I know about how they stand up to dirt or for road spills. If you do go with them make sure you take along plenty of straps to Mcgiver tie them to the bike after a spill.

Last edited:
oy vey!

Anything is better than the Vario panniers unless you are only going to ride on paved roads. Done ask how I know about how they stand up to date for road spills. If you do go with them make sure you take along plenty of straPS to mcgiver tie them to the bike after a spill

Thanx!

Back