• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Annoying Pop-up!

IBA# 5819
Why do I constantly get this annoying Pop-up when visiting the MarketPlace: NEW in the BMW MOA Member Marketplace!

I went to the marketplace...am logged in. No popup.

Could you take a screenshot and post that picture?

It comes up frequently, but not right away, and not more than once per session.

capture1.jpg

Apparently intended to make "sharing" easier. Clicking the "More" icon will provide links to well over a hundred more social sites, many of them foreign.

Does not do anything I could not do in other, less intrusive, ways.

Dismissing the pop-up every time I view new listings is much more annoying than the possible "inconvenience" of forwarding a link - which I've never wanted to do..

I thought the Marketplace was restricted to members only, so what's the point of sharing with the whole world?

I thought the Marketplace was restricted to members only, so what's the point of sharing with the whole world?

Apparently that is not the case. Anyone can see the Marketplace, open an ad, and make contact if the lister has provide an email, phone, etc.

It comes up frequently, but not right away, and not more than once per session.

View attachment 60665

Apparently intended to make "sharing" easier. Clicking the "More" icon will provide links to well over a hundred more social sites, many of them foreign.

Does not do anything I could not do in other, less intrusive, ways.

Dismissing the pop-up every time I view new listings is much more annoying than the possible "inconvenience" of forwarding a link - which I've never wanted to do..

Yes....thats exactly what I frequently get.
Like others, I thought the Marketplace was a member benefit and not for the general public.
Now makes me think twice about posting.

Yes....thats exactly what I frequently get.
Like others, I thought the Marketplace was a member benefit and not for the general public.
Now makes me think twice about posting.

Sure, like Craigs List and eBay are so private.

Sure, like Craigs List and eBay are so private.

I don't think its a matter of privacy...for me its a matter of trust. At least eBay has a rating system and some sort of recourse in case something goes wrong.
With Craigslist; I usually deal in person.

Back