Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tank bag for plastic tank

I am kidding about metal things will get givi and thanks for help on being anal that would not allow me to use a prairie farms milk crate for a rear trunk on my bike use reflective safety tape to cover property of prairie farms dairy.

Here's some photos to show you the bag, the mounting clips and attachment points. BMW also includes an expandable bag that zips on to the tank bag if it were needed. Personally, I've never needed or wanted to use that, especially given that I have more than ample room with my hard locking bags. When I ride solo on long trips, if I need extra room, I use a tail pack that sits on the passenger seat which attaches with bungie cords to the mounting points/tethers on my locking saddle bags. Hope this information helps you in making a decision on whether to buy a BMW bag or not.

Ride safe.

TA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Der Bimmer ist wunderbar."

Tango Alpha
    2002 R1150RT

+

Tango Alpha
    2002 R1150RT

Sorry about the photo orientation. For some reason these photos rotated orientation after uploading/attaching them. I looked for a utility on the forum to edit, rotate, etc the pics but couldn't find one. I took several photos for you, but as you probably know you can only upload 3 at a time. Started becoming tedious, so if you'd like me to email them more to you, please send me an IM and I will be happy to email them to you this weekend.

Hope you found this helpful.
    Last edited by tangoalpha; 03-25-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Tango Alpha
    2002 R1150RT

Tank bag

When I got my bike it at some point in time had same bag all that was left was part in front of seat with zipper ( as for pictures that rotate when you post, your still ahead of me I haven't gotten that far yet)

After searching for two years, I finally found the BMW tank bag pictured in this thread. I found it on ebay from a dealer in the UK. I really like the way it fits on the bike, but I'm having trouble figuring out all the different configurations that you can use. I just installed it today so I'm sure I'll figure it out. A question for those that have this bag is can I use the expanded mode and still have the map pocket on top? I probably won't use the expansion mode because it sits a little tall for me. I'm just curious. Anyway, it's a beautiful system and the fitment is elegant. I'm happy with my find!
    Mark Stanton

I have a LindaT's custom tank bag on my RT

https://goo.gl/photos/Gq8NzUHRxomYPHW37

You might want to ask her if she's made one for your bike. She does a lot of work for the long Distance community.

http://www.customtankbags.com/
    Brian - Everett, WA
    99 R1100RT - Got Kewl-Aid? IBA - SS1K's, BBG
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!

You can use it with the map pocket on top. I've used the expansion section but don't anymore for the reason you mentioned. I found that it obstructed my view of my turn signals on the bottom of my dash so much to the delight/annoyance of my riding partners, I could ride for miles with my signal flashing. Oh well lesson learned, but it has been a great tankbag. When I bought my RS it came completely decked out including the tankbag.
    Gary Phillips - #6322
    Wildland Firefighter, Retired, Riggins, ID
    Heartland Moto Locos BMW Riders
    '77 R100/7 Dirt Hack, '83 R80ST, '85 K100RS w/EML, '00 R1100RS