• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GPS Volume Too Loud

Challenger73

This is my first BMW. It's a 2016 K1600GTLE.
I bought the Sena Calvary half shell helmet with the installed Bluetooth.
No real issues getting everything to work.
BUT... The headset volume coming from the Nav V system is substantially greater than that coming from the audio/radio system. If I have the radio volume set at the helmet so I can hear, GPS instructions coming thru will be load enough to be almost painful.
Anyone else experiencing this?

This is my first BMW. It's a 2016 K1600GTLE.
I bought the Sena Calvary half shell helmet with the installed Bluetooth.
No real issues getting everything to work.
BUT... The headset volume coming from the Nav V system is substantially greater than that coming from the audio/radio system. If I have the radio volume set at the helmet so I can hear, GPS instructions coming thru will be load enough to be almost painful.
Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm not sure, but doesn't the Nav V have its own volume setting? Every Garmin unit with audio that I have ever owned (several) did/do.

I'm not sure, but doesn't the Nav V have its own volume setting? Every Garmin unit with audio that I have ever owned (several) did/do.

Yup....there is a volume setting.
Forget on how to get to it but its there.

If I would have read the Sena manual. More closely I would have answered my own question. The helmet volume for each input can be adjusted independently while listening. Now I just have to catch while transmitting to lower the level.
The Garmin and audio systems won't allow audio to be adjusted while connected to helmet

Thanks guys

... Now I just have to catch while transmitting to lower the level...
No need to wait to try and "catch" it.

Just make sure you have the mute off (volume on) on the Nav-V. Set it to 100% (before you turn on the Sena - may need the unit off the bike as well, not sure). That way all of your adjustment will be with your Sena. You don't need the Nav-V to be on the bike, but you do need your helmet on and both the Sena and Nav-V turned on and paired to each other. Also, check to make sure that you have the audio set to provide "Button Sounds" (at home screen press Volume, then Settings, and have the Button Sounds selected).

That way when you touch the screen you get an audible beep. If you aren't riding, you want that beep to be loud enough that it is slightly annoying. That way it should be quite audible while riding and then you do your fine-tuning when your riding along at highway speeds. That makes it a bit loud for most city riding but, as you've found out, you can adjust it easily on the fly.

Back