Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Long Beach Motorcycle show-

  1. #1
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    11,900

    Cool Long Beach Motorcycle show-

    From the LA Times article-
    Motorcycles bulking up again at Progressive IMS in Long Beach.......
    Motorcycle sales are flat or falling in almost every segment in almost every North American market.

    So motorcycle companies, flailing to remain profitable and retain market share, have been trending toward smaller, lighter, more affordable motorcycles in the hopes of attracting buyers who may feel they’re too small, too young, or too broke to purchase traditional bulky bikes.

    But at the same time, some of those same motorcycle companies are hedging their bets, trying to keep existing customers happy by building bigger, more powerful versions of the motorcycles they already sell.........
    The whole article is here- http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...117-story.html
    A rather nice write-up with what I see are good points. There is a mention of the 310GS being there.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    768
    Went to the show yesterday afternoon, impressive new bikes, Bmw was well represented, for large touring bikes the new goldwing was the show stopper, more power and lighter than the last model
    New technology in riding gear and accessories, always worth the price of admission
    Oh ya did I mention the Ducati girls!

  3. #3
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    11,900
    Did you happen to see the 310GS?
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    768
    Did not see the 310GS doesn’t mean it wasn’t there, 1600 bagger and new 400 scooter
    My buddy is getting a new 1200GS spent most of the time going over it, if I were to ever part with my RT it would be for another 1200GS
    Truly wanted a new Helite jacket, couldn’t pull the pin though, 3/4 jacket was downright hot trying it on,as in warm, mesh doesn’t come in fat boy size yet
    Sticking with Motoport

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Did you happen to see the 310GS?
    OM
    The 310 GS was there.... and there were photos all over......... um........... Facebook!


  6. #6
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    11,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    The 310 GS was there.... and there were photos all over......... um........... Facebook!

    Yeah FB........Why would they put it on a BMW forum? I think they are missing their market
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Yeah FB........Why would they put it on a BMW forum? I think they are missing their market
    OM
    I wonder how many old farts they're missing?

    This photo was posted by my friend (on FB and in meatspace) in Ventura, CA... he works at the BMW MC of Ventura County, a dealer that we could be building a relationship with.

  8. #8
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    11,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    I wonder how many old farts they're missing?

    This photo was posted by my friend (on FB and in meatspace) in Ventura, CA... he works at the BMW MC of Ventura County, a dealer that we could be building a relationship with.
    Well, as you probably realize, it's hard to quantify Ian. Right now there are 82 members on (logged in) the forum.......and some 720 guests.
    I'm wondering if the guests, how many are members just not logged in and how many have been interested from other (free) social media and have come by to enjoy what they can here on the forum
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I'm wondering if the guests, how many are members just not logged in and how many have been interested from other (free) social media and have come by to enjoy what they can here on the forum
    OM
    Woikin' ovah heah for ya, bud! It's a start!


  10. #10
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    11,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Woikin' ovah heah for ya, bud! It's a start!



    If everybody rows in the same direction, the boat tends to not go in circles.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  11. #11
    Registered User greenwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sheboygan, WI
    Posts
    4,945

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Well, as you probably realize, it's hard to quantify Ian. Right now there are 82 members on (logged in) the forum.......and some 720 guests.
    I'm wondering if the guests, how many are members just not logged in and how many have been interested from other (free) social media and have come by to enjoy what they can here on the forum
    OM
    It's not "hard" to quantify - it's impossible to quantify.

    Let's not heap imaginary credit on FB.
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF Lead RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle/High Performance/Teen/Winter/ATV Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Track

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post


    If everybody rows in the same direction, the boat tends to not go in circles.
    Good advice!

    Still at it.... y'all should round up some volunteers and keep this up!

    Or maybe someone from the Forum team should communicate with someone on the Facebook Group team and coordinate some responses that lead people to our site where they actually join the club. Ray Tubbs and Ted Moyer are the people to ask for help in making a connection.

    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e || '07 Xchallenge || '14 Grom

Similar Threads

  1. Long Beach Motorcycle Show
    By t6pilot in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2017, 09:33 PM
  2. Motorcyle Show, Long Beach, CA
    By SNC1923 in forum Ride Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 12:53 PM
  3. Long Beach Motorcycle Show
    By SNC1923 in forum Ride Reports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •