Thread: Long Beach Motorcycle show-

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

Cool Long Beach Motorcycle show-

From the LA Times article-
    Motorcycles bulking up again at Progressive IMS in Long Beach.......
    Motorcycle sales are flat or falling in almost every segment in almost every North American market.

So motorcycle companies, flailing to remain profitable and retain market share, have been trending toward smaller, lighter, more affordable motorcycles in the hopes of attracting buyers who may feel they’re too small, too young, or too broke to purchase traditional bulky bikes.

But at the same time, some of those same motorcycle companies are hedging their bets, trying to keep existing customers happy by building bigger, more powerful versions of the motorcycles they already sell.........
    The whole article is here- http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...117-story.html
    A rather nice write-up with what I see are good points. There is a mention of the 310GS being there.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Went to the show yesterday afternoon, impressive new bikes, Bmw was well represented, for large touring bikes the new goldwing was the show stopper, more power and lighter than the last model
    New technology in riding gear and accessories, always worth the price of admission
    Oh ya did I mention the Ducati girls!

Did you happen to see the 310GS?
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Did not see the 310GS doesn’t mean it wasn’t there, 1600 bagger and new 400 scooter
    My buddy is getting a new 1200GS spent most of the time going over it, if I were to ever part with my RT it would be for another 1200GS
    Truly wanted a new Helite jacket, couldn’t pull the pin though, 3/4 jacket was downright hot trying it on,as in warm, mesh doesn’t come in fat boy size yet
    Sticking with Motoport

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Did you happen to see the 310GS?
    OM
    The 310 GS was there.... and there were photos all over......... um........... Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    The 310 GS was there.... and there were photos all over......... um........... Facebook!

Yeah FB........Why would they put it on a BMW forum? I think they are missing their market
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Yeah FB........Why would they put it on a BMW forum? I think they are missing their market
    OM
    I wonder how many old farts they're missing?

This photo was posted by my friend (on FB and in meatspace) in Ventura, CA... he works at the BMW MC of Ventura County, a dealer that we could be building a relationship with.

I wonder how many old farts they're missing?

This photo was posted by my friend (on FB and in meatspace) in Ventura, CA... he works at the BMW MC of Ventura County, a dealer that we could be building a relationship with.
    Well, as you probably realize, it's hard to quantify Ian. Right now there are 82 members on (logged in) the forum.......and some 720 guests.
    I'm wondering if the guests, how many are members just not logged in and how many have been interested from other (free) social media and have come by to enjoy what they can here on the forum
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I'm wondering if the guests, how many are members just not logged in and how many have been interested from other (free) social media and have come by to enjoy what they can here on the forum
    OM
    Woikin' ovah heah for ya, bud! It's a start!

Woikin' ovah heah for ya, bud! It's a start!

If everybody rows in the same direction, the boat tends to not go in circles.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Cool

Well, as you probably realize, it's hard to quantify Ian. Right now there are 82 members on (logged in) the forum.......and some 720 guests.
    OM
    It's not "hard" to quantify - it's impossible to quantify.

Let's not heap imaginary credit on FB.
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF Lead RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle/High Performance/Teen/Winter/ATV Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Track

If everybody rows in the same direction, the boat tends to not go in circles.
    Good advice!

Still at it.... y'all should round up some volunteers and keep this up!

Or maybe someone from the Forum team should communicate with someone on the Facebook Group team and coordinate some responses that lead people to our site where they actually join the club. Ray Tubbs and Ted Moyer are the people to ask for help in making a connection.

Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e || '07 Xchallenge || '14 Grom