• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Riding Again in Portland OR

Vagabird

A wandering Bird
I had to give up riding five years ago because of health problems. It broke my heart, but I couldn't even stand from a sitting position without pushing myself up, and I usually had to hold onto something when standing in one place. I didn't feel safe on two wheels. But through good luck, good health care, and lots of hours at the gym with excellent coaches, I am ready to ride again.

I took the Oregon Team motorcycle intermediate safety course and bought a bike. It is a low-mileage demonstrator from last year -- an R1200RS. I'm practicing in between rainstorms, burnishing the rust off my skills.

I'm delighted to be back!

- Kate

first-ride.jpg

Saw the name and thought it had been awhile:wave

Great to read you are back and with a nice new bike to boot:thumb

Yeah, I remember your presence :)
Good to see you back in the saddle :thumb
Ride safe and enjoy.
Gary

Looks like you're moving forward Kate. Great new bike and living in a wonderful place. I sent a PM re: Portland.

JG

It looks like you got a new coat to go with the new ride! Welcome back, your perseverance paid off for you. Congratulations! And good luck getting back into the swing of things.

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's nice to see you were active during my hiatus.

I gave away all of my riding gear, convinced I would never ride again. Now I have to start from scratch again. But it's great to be back on two wheels.

Back