Thread: Accessory inquiry

Blog Entries

Accessory inquiry

Hi fellow riders,
    Have a 2016 k1600gtl, had a great season and parked her for the season. Doing some research for next season. Anyone have any feedback on a givi tank bag? I.e. Interference issues?.
    Also interested in hand guards? Worth it? Or invest in a gortex glove?

Welcome to the forum! You're in the right spot for some answers...when the other K1600 people get back from their rides!!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by busman View Post
    Hi fellow riders,
    Have a 2016 k1600gtl, had a great season and parked her for the season. Doing some research for next season. Anyone have any feedback on a givi tank bag? I.e. Interference issues?.
    Also interested in hand guards? Worth it? Or invest in a gortex glove?
    No need for hand guards. Heck, I use a Joe rocket (read: cheap) gauntlet when it starts to get chilly. The heated handgrips easily make up the difference. You may want to look into the Aeroflow wings and mini-wings. They help manage the airflow much better than a pair of handguards would. A lot of K1600 specific information (especially about farkles) can be found over at k1600forum.com
    ---
    Jess & Christine, the Chauffeurs, for Tobi & Skye the Border Collies.
    2013 K1600 GTL (the boys' ride), 2016 S1000XR (The grrrl's ride)
    Motorcycle Safety Foundation Coach#166465

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bikers1collie View Post
    No need for hand guards. Heck, I use a Joe rocket (read: cheap) gauntlet when it starts to get chilly. The heated handgrips easily make up the difference. You may want to look into the Aeroflow wings and mini-wings. They help manage the airflow much better than a pair of handguards would. A lot of K1600 specific information (especially about farkles) can be found over at k1600forum.com
    Thanks for the feedback👍

Gloves and Tank Bag

Anyone have any feedback on a givi tank bag? I.e. Interference issues?.
    Also interested in hand guards? Worth it? Or invest in a gortex glove?[/QUOTE]

I have a 2015 GTL and recently bought the handlebar muffs from Wonderlich (#25200-000). I tell you they are nice and warm inside with the heated grips, couldn't be happier although definitely not a fashion statement. The clear window to view buttons is perfect! Taking them on and off is about 5 seconds. I too am also looking for information on a tank bag. All I can find is for GT and after talking to the local BMW dealer he didn't understand why it wouldn't fit a GTL but when I asked him if I could bring it back if it didn't fit, he back peddled. I can't find one that says it fits a GTL specifically> Anyone have advise?

+1 on the Aeroflow wings, I just put a set on my GT and they work wonders keeping the cold off your hands. I too am looking for a tank bag solution as I miss the one i had on the RT.
    George
    2016 K1600GT
    MOA 198905

The tank bag is GT specific as the GTL bars sit further back and will hit the bag at full lock. This is not true of the GT unless you have bar risers which bring the bars up and backwards. That being said, it is only at full lock so likely only a problem at walking speeds or at a standstill.
    You could conceivably ask the dealer to try it out on your bike (without actually mounting it) in the parking lot before actual purchase?
    Do get the Aeroflow wings and miniwings! No need for hand warmers even in cold weather with the grip heat and both sets of wings--at least that is my experience
    Happy accessorizing
    Last edited by bstarke; 02-28-2017 at 05:09 PM.

K1600forum.com

This site is OK for finding accessories/reviews, etc. But you'll find much more information at K1600forum.com.

Duane
    NoVA
    '12 K1600GT