• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Magura handlebar master cylinder on my /6

dpmonk

P Monk
Now that the project is complete I will post some pictures I took during the project and will do a short commentary on it. First I got the idea from a fellow in Australia on the old Boxerworks forum. I bought the throttle and brake assembly a couple of years ago in case I ever wanted to do this. Went out in the garage and found a big puddle of brake fluid on the floor so why not?P1120096 (2).jpg

Magura master cylinder

First job is to shave off the brake lever. Did this with Dremel cutting off just at the holes for the mirror and the brake leverP1120098 (2).jpg

Magura master cylinder project

Next, I filled in the void with liquid metal and filed and sanded smooth. Then painted with flat black paintP1120111 (2).jpgP1120111 (2).jpg

Installed Galfer brake hose, 42" but could have been an inch or two longer
. Also wish I had gotten the hose in black.P1120155.jpgP1120157.jpg

Last edited:

View from the saddle of my very dirty bike. A little additional info: the master cylinder is a Magura 225.2 M0222000. I would like the brake to feel a little firmer, it does feel slightly mushy, and takes a lot of lever pull (distance) , however It does not bottom out. The braking is very much improved. Stopping while normal riding is effortless, I don't have to stomp the rear brake and pull with all my might to come to a quick stop. I am not sure I can easily lock up the front wheel, but it is a dramatic improvement. My bike is a rider. It is not a show bike by any means, and I understand that a lot of people want to keep everything stock, and I have all the original parts to return it to stock If I ever wanted to, but I know I never will. It is too much fun riding. P1120160.jpg

Last edited:
correct routing

Yes I think it would. I measured with some line trimmer string going the stock route, but the master cylinder is a lot closer to the instruments and would have made a pretty tight turn to get under the tank. In the future I may decide to re-route the line for a better look. By the way, the cost was $106 for master cylinder and brake switch and about $70 for the brake line.

Back