• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F700gs 2015 lowering springs

laurentgilbert

I would like to know if anybody has lowered their f700gs. I thought that the lowered seat would do the trick but I want to lower it a little more. Would I loose my extrinsic suspension ride by adding just a lowering spring. If anyone has done this any particular spring kits or just a rear spring?

Last edited:
I've already bought the progressive suspension kit from hyper pro. Their available in stock lengths, -30mm and -60mm. I got the -30mm and can't wait to have them installed. I had them on my f650 and not only was the height perfect but I also enjoyed the suspension way better and lost so much of the nose dive on braking. Pm me if you want more details or email me at zee4nyc@gmail.com

Zee

2000 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
2015 BMW F700GS

Epm is the distributor for hyperpro in the US (north east)

Zee

2015 BMW F700GS

lowering BMW motorcycle

I would like to know if anybody has lowered their f700gs. I thought that the lowered seat would do the trick but I want to lower it a little more. Would I loose my extrinsic suspension ride by adding just a lowering spring. If anyone has done this any particular spring kits or just a rear spring?

You'll get great results with Ted Porter from the Beemer Shop.

Don't make the mistake I did! I had my bike lowered originally by a suspension expert in Ontario, who specializes in race bikes BUT ended up with a suspension so messed up it was dangerous. I was told to try different ESA settings and figure out what I needed to be set at. I headed out on my trip (Ontario to New Mexico) thinking it would all get figured out. After wearing out tires on my trip on a single trip and scaring myself on some pretty interesting roads... I found Ted Porter at the BMW Rally in New York.

The Beemer Shop produces Tractive Shock & Spring kits that are very similar to the stock suspension but allow for lowering very effectively. All ESA and handling is just like stock with a little bit stiffer suspension which is barely noticeable. No more bottoming out and handling issues. I am 5'5" and I lowered my 2015 R1200RT bike 1" but I believe your bike can be lowered more. Just give them a call and ask questions. Ted is a great person to explain how things work. PS... I don't get paid to recommend them :)

Thank you

I would like to thank everyone. This has made my disision more confident. I will order the spring and install it. Looking forward to having both feat flat on the ground . Will I loose my electronic adjustable suspension? I assume the shock is the electronic controller of the ride. I will give them a call as per your advise. Thank you all. Planning a trip from Otttawa to Vancouver this summer. Hope the new springs will handle the weight.

I would like to thank everyone. This has made my disision more confident. I will order the spring and install it. Looking forward to having both feat flat on the ground . Will I loose my electronic adjustable suspension? I assume the shock is the electronic controller of the ride. I will give them a call as per your advise. Thank you all. Planning a trip from Otttawa to Vancouver this summer. Hope the new springs will handle the weight.

You won't lose ESA. Just make sure you tell them that you want the version for ESA

Zee

2015 BMW F700GS

F700 lowering kits

Hello and sorry as I am new to these forums,

bought a 2015 F700GS with factory installed lowering kit which I believe brings it down to 29 inches but still missing 1 inch and 2 would be better.
I see reference to different suppliers/manufacturers, does anyone have specifics on final seat height with these?

Hello and sorry as I am new to these forums,

bought a 2015 F700GS with factory installed lowering kit which I believe brings it down to 29 inches but still missing 1 inch and 2 would be better.
I see reference to different suppliers/manufacturers, does anyone have specifics on final seat height with these?

Welcome to the forum!
I've never measured the seat height after I lowered mine. Can if it would help you.
Gary

Back