• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The cold shoulder(s) windshield

cockneylad

Total Newb here, took my new to me, 2104 1200GS for it's first outing yesterday. It was a bit on the chilly side here in the Hill country area of TX great ride to Coopers BBQ but my shoulders were freezing. The stock Windshield does a fine job of directing the airflow over my helmet (screen in raised position) but my shoulders get blasted. Looking for recommendations for aftermarket windshields that fit the stock mechanism. Traded in my 09 K1300GT which had the electric screen and worked great in all conditions. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated amigos.
CockneyLad

Welcome to the forum! About all I can say is that warm weather is coming...hope you get some good suggestions.

Welcome.

I don't even want to know what passes for chilly in the Hill Country. :)

There are several options for aftermarket windshields. I don't own your model of bike, but I suspect various members will offer suggestions.

Welcome to the forum.
I'm going to place another vote for a heated jacket liner.

The problem with asking what shield works for others is that shield may not work for you.
It's not unusual to hear of someone buying several shields before they find one they like and that can get costly in a hurry.

Welcome.

I don't even want to know what passes for chilly in the Hill Country. :)

There are several options for aftermarket windshields. I don't own your model of bike, but I suspect various members will offer suggestions.

Less than 60 degrees is freezing here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the larger R1200GSA shield fits the GS.
You could test ride a GSA and see if you like the shield.

I think the larger R1200GSA shield fits the GS...

I have a 2016 GS with a GSA windshield and it does blow the wind around my upper arms and shoulders whereas the OEM GS windshield did not.
I'm 5'9" and a 44" chest if the measurements help at all.

I'd go with warmer (heated?) clothing on the upper torso.

The GS is unlike your previous mount, or for example, the RT's, where you can bolt on a 'barn door' to block the wind, if that is your preference.

GS's don't accomodate massive shields, so layer up, and enjoy! :thumb

Back