Thread: 1980 R100 relay

1980 R100 relay

Just getting re-enthused turning wrenches. I pushed a neglected bike out of the corner yesterday. As I started process of bringing back to life, gas,batteries ect. I saw a relay socket attached to the battery box. No relay insight. Trying to relate schematic to actual wiring. I may have removed this years ago to try in another bike. Anybody know what/which relay this should be?
    Thaks,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timburn View Post
    Just getting re-enthused turning wrenches. I pushed a neglected bike out of the corner yesterday. As I started process of bringing back to life, gas,batteries ect. I saw a relay socket attached to the battery box. No relay insight. Trying to relate schematic to actual wiring. I may have removed this years ago to try in another bike. Anybody know what/which relay this should be?
    Thaks,
    Tim
    Photo?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by timburn View Post
    Thaks,
    Tim
    There is on my '78 R100 in that general location, a socket that was intended for a "buzzer" that sounded when the turn flashers were used. I removed mine as the sound was annoying and embarrasing (sp?) to my son who rode with me!

Could this be it?
    "The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers

Probably was added on.