• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hotel recommendation; Austin area.

IBA# 5819
Howdy pardners!
Going to be visiting for the MotoGP in April and need a good Mom and Pop hotel maybe just north of COTA or East of Pflugerville.
The big chains are OK but would rather give the business to locals.
Also any recommendations in Kerrville too.
Thanks!!

Just outside of Kerrville is the YO Ranch. http://www.yoranch.com/ I highly recommend it. They rent 100 year old cabins. The price might seem high but it includes a steak dinner, (when I was there all the alcohol in the club house was also included) and full breakfast. Being in the middle of the ranch with all the exotic animals around is very much worth it.

Just outside of Kerrville is the YO Ranch. http://www.yoranch.com/ I highly recommend it. They rent 100 year old cabins. The price might seem high but it includes a steak dinner, (when I was there all the alcohol in the club house was also included) and full breakfast. Being in the middle of the ranch with all the exotic animals around is very much worth it.

Great suggestion!
I saw them advertised and thought too much but if it includes a dinner Ill have to look into them further.
I saw the Best Western gets high marks as does Inn of the Hills.

Is that the YO on 41 west of Mountain Home or the YO Hotel in Kerrville?

Howdy pardners!
Going to be visiting for the MotoGP in April and need a good Mom and Pop hotel maybe just north of COTA or East of Pflugerville.
The big chains are OK but would rather give the business to locals.
Also any recommendations in Kerrville too.
Thanks!!

There is not much out in that area you described. The track is out in rolling farmland and once you go far east of IH-35, not many hotels, especially mom and pops.

SH130( the fast toll road) runs east of IH-35 and close to track and allows access to many chains near Buda, Kyle to the south of track or Round Rock /Pflugerville corridor to the north of the track. Nothing in this area is a bargain anymore

I saw the Best Western gets high marks as does Inn of the Hills.

We stayed at the Inn of the Hills in 2004 and 2005.
Not bad but at that time the rooms were getting a little old.
That's a long time ago so the rooms may have been updated by now.
The staff was friendly both times.

There is not much out in that area you described. The track is out in rolling farmland and once you go far east of IH-35, not many hotels, especially mom and pops.

SH130( the fast toll road) runs east of IH-35 and close to track and allows access to many chains near Buda, Kyle to the south of track or Round Rock /Pflugerville corridor to the north of the track. Nothing in this area is a bargain anymore

Thanks for the input.
I've stayed in the area at the bigger chains for the USGP in Pflugerville/Round Rock but wanted to stay at a local owned place that would be more motorcycle-friendly.
As it stands right now I'll be staying in San Marcos Saturday night and ride to the track on Sunday morning. I'm just going for the main race on Sunday; one day.

Probably too far away for the race but it may work for you after the races, is the Blanco Beemer Cabins owned by Steve and Helen, henzilla.
http://www.blancobeemerwerkes.com/cabin/index.html

We really like it and have stayed there several times and plan to stay again in April around the time of the races.

Thanks again.
Had a nice chat with Steve and I'm all set up for a couple days before the race and a tire change on Saturday morning.
Should be a hoot!

Thanks again.
Had a nice chat with Steve and I'm all set up for a couple days before the race and a tire change on Saturday morning.
Should be a hoot!

We'll probably see you there.
We're also having tires mounted while we're there.

Back