• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2004 BMW r1200 Montauk

brazdoc

Hi folks,

Does anyone can help me finding a Owners Manual for this bike? I have tried to download on the web, no success til now. Thanks

Riders Manuals are still available thru many dealers, but kind of pricey, and not very technical.

Are you looking for any specific information, or just the manual?

Come check out lots of technical help and Chromehead camaraderie over at Chromeheads.org :thumb

2004 BMW r1200 montauk

Riders Manuals are still available thru many dealers, but kind of pricey, and not very technical.

Are you looking for any specific information, or just the manual?

Come check out lots of technical help and Chromehead camaraderie over at Chromeheads.org :thumb

Thanks for your help. I ended buying a repair manual for this bike. I found one for just $12. Its very complete.
But I also would like to ask what I could do to make this bike louder. I was told that removing the baffles would cause the bike to run bad, is that true?
I am very happy with the bike, but I think noise is a safety issue on a bike. Reason why any help on how to make it louder will be greatly appreciated.

There are aftermarket exhausts available, but many are out of production as long as the C's. So you may have to look for used ones.

Look for ZTechnik (I love mine), Staintune, Hookijac. There are also Bubs, and I have heard good things about Kalinsky, a polish maker that is currently selling new ones on EBay (Europe?).

More info is available at www.chromeheads.org

There are aftermarket exhausts available, but many are out of production as long as the C's. So you may have to look for used ones.

Look for ZTechnik (I love mine), Staintune, Hookijac. There are also Bubs, and I have heard good things about Kalinsky, a polish maker that is currently selling new ones on EBay (Europe?).

More info is available at www.chromeheads.org

Thanks , I will check. Have a nice weekend.

Back