• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

South Africa

daverae

My 2 brothers and I are to ride South Africa in March this year. We've rented bikes in J'Burg and our route takes us north to Blyde River area, south thru Swaziland, along the coast to Cape Town, to Bloemfontein, then returning to J'Burg thru Lesotho. We would appreciate hearing comments about the border crossings, the road conditions, fuel and food stops and any other info that might help us plan or ride better.

Did you go?

My 2 brothers and I are to ride South Africa in March this year. We've rented bikes in J'Burg and our route takes us north to Blyde River area, south thru Swaziland, along the coast to Cape Town, to Bloemfontein, then returning to J'Burg thru Lesotho. We would appreciate hearing comments about the border crossings, the road conditions, fuel and food stops and any other info that might help us plan or ride better.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Did you go on your trip to SA? Give us some feedback. I was in SA last years; roads and highways around Cape Town were very good. What's you thought?

Back