• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Carl Reese working on another World Record

I have some doubts about this being a world record. There are some who lay claim to exceeding his goal and doing so on public roads and with substantial verification efforts. Perhaps his will be the first to be certified by the Guinness people. A remarkable feat none the less

I have some doubts about this being a world record. There are some who lay claim to exceeding his goal and doing so on public roads and with substantial verification efforts. Perhaps his will be the first to be certified by the Guinness people. A remarkable feat none the less

Kevin, I think that is exactly correct that Guinness won't certify it if done on public roads. I wonder the difference in concentration on a circuit. I would guess that he will have more cornering demands , i guess he will turn it around regularly and run opposite.

Chris

He could have cars randomly pull out in front of him, or turn left across his front and have a LEO chase him with lights and siren going.

Anyone know how this turned out? No recent changes on his website, not finding any results via Google.

Watched the live stream a bit, but there was not much to see.

EDIT: Found it on Twitter,
"Carl Reese ����‏ @EnduranceDriver Feb 26
Thank you to the staff at @continentaltire for helping Carl Reese secure the greatest distance in 24 hours on a motorcycle! 2119 miles"

He set the record at greater than 2100 miles. I can't remember the exact mileage or if Guinness has certified it yet, but by all accounts, it looks like he made it safe, tired, and blurry eyed. I followed it on Facebook.

Thanks Reese

He set the record at greater than 2100 miles. I can't remember the exact mileage or if Guinness has certified it yet, but by all accounts, it looks like he made it safe, tired, and blurry eyed. I followed it on Facebook.

Thanks for the update. Congratulations to Carl hope he can rest well!

********** COPY PASTE ************************
2,023 miles in 24 hours: Carl Reese prepares to break the motorcycle endurance record

But Reese sees this as the greatest challenge he's ever faced. The solo motorcycle 24-hour distance record is another kind of beast altogether. Riding around a monotonous 8.5-mile (13.7-km) track with nothing but mile-long straights and gentle, banked corners for an entire day will require superhuman physical endurance and mental clarity. There's no traffic, police or toll bridges to slow him down or break his stride. And to knock the record off, he'll need to maintain an average speed over 85 mph (137 km/h), even including fuel stops and tire changes.

We spoke to Reese 11 days out from his record attempt, which will go down on Saturday February 25.

************ end *********************

Anybody have an update....?

Still no update on his website or blog. :scratch

More info on the ride: http://newatlas.com/carl-reese-guinness-world-record/48272/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=7c350a66a3-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-7c350a66a3-91585749

Pareidolia (/pærᵻˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-doh-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a stimulus (an image or a sound) wherein the mind perceives a familiar pattern of something where none exists.
Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations, the man in the moon, the moon rabbit, and hidden messages within recorded music played in reverse or at higher- or lower-than-normal speeds.

UPDATE: Sorry folks, I've been catching up on sleep and work.

This was done on Continental's Proving Grounds closed 8.5 mile track. There will be no problem having Guinness certifiy our evidence. In the past it has taken up to 12 weeks to process our application, then up to 45 days for them to issue the certificate. You can pay 8K to have them "rush" it ; However, I don't have that kind of budget!!
Hopefully I'll have it in time to bring to the MOA Rally and display it.

The two-time world record bike is now up for sale to recoup the cost associated with setting this record. Interested parties can contact me directly thru Facebook.

press release:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/03/prweb14113885.htm

in-depth interview here:
http://newatlas.com/carl-reese-guinness-world-record/48272/
Gallery:
http://newatlas.com/carl-reese-guinness-world-record/48272/#gallery

Videos www.facebook.com/endurancedriver
or YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHBp7pOucgmd-vTfYJz2GZA

Back