Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Registration Fee Question

Members get a $20 discount

Quite simply: The "ENTRY FEE" is $75. However, members get a $20 discount.

Other clubs/organizations also offer discounts: ie, do you belong to the AARP? Here is your hotel discount. Do you work for a government agency? Here is your government discount.
    It's a good thing for the members, & offers an incentive to our riding brothers and sisters to join the club.... where they will receive THIS - and many other discounts.

Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador; MOA Director
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Markaz,

If you haven't been to the Rally and you're not sure it's your thing or interested in staying there 3-days, do the day pass ($35 per person). Some folks get wildly excited about the Rally, others don't understand it. I enjoy them, if I fill the days with volunteer jobs.

To each their own.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Thanks for all the input. I didn't expect there to be this much discussion.

For now, I'm leaning toward attending but if I do I'll come by myself for the three days, it's not worth driving up for just one day. And I'll drive & stay in a hotel...it will likely be too hot for me to ride up & I'm not a tent camper any more.

At any rate I'm hoping to meet some of you guys.
    2004 R1150RT
    BMW MOA 181289

Quote Originally Posted by markaz View Post
    And I'll drive & stay in a hotel...it will likely be too hot for me to ride up & I'm not a tent camper any more.

At any rate I'm hoping to meet some of you guys.
    You should try to exercise one of your BMW MOA benefits and join the IHG (Intercontinental Hotel Group). I've found savings of as much as $20/night when using the BMW MOA connection.
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    “So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key”

Charged $75 instead of $55

I signed up early to the Salt Lake Rally this morning and when I filled out the info it dropped my MOA number and charged me the extra $20!
    Who can I contact to get this corrected. I have been a lifetime member for a long time.

Best Regards,
    Eric Blume
    gone.

Glad you noticed right away.

Call the office or send an email to ted@bmwmoa.org

That should be an easy fix.

Voni
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador Emeritus / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million 100 thousand BMW sMiles

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Otherwise, full admission has to be viewed as buying 3-days of camping.
    So by this, the fee buys 3 days of camping and yes, perhaps a bargain. Now for those that do not camp and choose to stay in a hotel, the camping portion of the fee is forfiet or donated depending on how you look at it. By this admission of buying something that will not be used, why not provide an alternative rally fee for those that do not use or impact the camping facilities.

Note that this not a National Rally issue alone, it is one that all camping based rally's have with their fee structure, or lack thereof.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

2018 R1200GS
    2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    Glad you noticed right away.

Call the office or send an email to ted@bmwmoa.org

That should be an easy fix.

Voni
    Was fixed thanks to the folks at the MOA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gone.

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Rally fee

Quote Originally Posted by Travman View Post
    So by this, the fee buys 3 days of camping and yes, perhaps a bargain. Now for those that do not camp and choose to stay in a hotel, the camping portion of the fee is forfiet or donated depending on how you look at it. By this admission of buying something that will not be used, why not provide an alternative rally fee for those that do not use or impact the camping facilities.

Note that this not a National Rally issue alone, it is one that all camping based rally's have with their fee structure, or lack thereof.

If it helps you to erase that feeling of injustice, think of the rally fee as being the same for ALL attendees, and three days of FREE CAMPING if you choose to use camping over hoteling. A one day ski lift ticket is often more expensive than the fee of the MOA International. Same for admission to a professional baseball, football or hockey event. Only you can decide if the fee is reasonable for you and then either come or stay home.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    If it helps you to erase that feeling of injustice, think of the rally fee as being the same for ALL attendees, and three days of FREE CAMPING if you choose to use camping over hoteling. A one day ski lift ticket is often more expensive than the fee of the MOA International. Same for admission to a professional baseball, football or hockey event. Only you can decide if the fee is reasonable for you and then either come or stay home.

Friedle
    Also, there's so much more than camping. Think of those who never attend a seminar, or go to a bike judging, or stop off at the beer garden, or go shopping at the vendors or so much more. Their choice.

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador Emeritus / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million 100 thousand BMW sMiles

We could make the entire rally a la carte. Want to go into the vender area... $5, Airhead Central... $3, camping space... $15, shower... $4, seminars... $8. Bring correct change.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

It always kind of amazes me how some justify costs to events. I went skiing at Big Sky Montana this year (first time for that area) and paid $120 x 2, (my son was skiing with me) times two days for 8 hours of skiing. It cost me an average of $80 to rent a room both going and coming, and won't even mention the cost of staying at the area. If I go to a concert, I can expect to spend well over $100 for the evening just for tickets, a Cardinal ballgame now costs almost $50 for 2 tickets, hockey is out of my price range, ....well you get the picture. In my book, the MOA annual gathering is the least expensive entertainment I can find during the summer, and I get not only camping but access to all the events that I can manage to pack into three days. If anything, I would think the event is too cheap, as there is an immense amount of work that goes into organization and execution, and countless hours of free volunteer work. So, at least in my opinion, the rally cost for the amount of value provided, completely out-shadows any other entertainment I can find, whether I stay off-site at a motel or camp at the grounds. Two thumbs up to all those who work to make it a success year after year. Walt E.

Wow, chill folks. I was nearly asking a question. My statement and question were based on the response from 36654 to the OP, that the OP should view the rally fee as buying 3 day of camping. I know that you all get rather sensitive when questioning the hallowed rally traditions, but consider alternative views. When dealing with traditions, I always consider this phrase...."Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid".
    "Not all who wander are lost"

2018 R1200GS
    2018 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Please, let's avoid the hard turn into the bar ditch! Thanks...
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Travman View Post
    based on the response from 36654 to the OP, that the OP should view the rally fee as buying 3 day of camping.....
    Well, I did say "has to be viewed". In retrospect, "could be viewed" would have been a better choice.

Otherwise, I'm happy that I'm still welcome to respond to some threads.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks