Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MOA Getaway - Jay, Vermont -- September 22-24, 2017

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tom56 View Post
    If anybody that attends likes great beer. Alchemist is in Stowe Vt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you're into overly hopped stuff with heavy grapefruit notes they are your brew. For an international gold winner three times running try Hill Farmstead Brewery in the gently rolling hills of Greensboro where there are no Stowe-style traffic nightmares.

FYI for those coming, VT-100 between Waterbury and Stowe will be in the middle of a major reconstruction. Work is scheduled at night, but you can expect several miles of well-groomed gravel/dirt. Ditto for VT-15 between Danville and Hardwick, though that route may have some daytime construction depending on how much the weather interferes with the timeline. VT-242 on Jay Peak is having a bridge replaced, but by mid-September they plan on having one lane completely done. So while there may be a flagger and only one lane open, that will be virgin pavement to the resort.
    '12 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Tulliver

http://travelswithbarley.com/

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Update: Most road construction projects are coming along well ahead of schedule, and it looks like a couple of very scenic stretches will be finished before the Getaway starts. We're seeing the first hints of a spectacular foliage season and I've been busily scouting scenic routes for visitors to enjoy. One of the benefits of living in the Northeast Kingdom is we get very few tourists up here, so while the roads around and south of Stowe are packed with cars that often stop in the middle of the road to take a photo, this far north we consider it heavy traffic when there are three cars in front of you!

If you're on the fence about visiting Vermont this year, come. The riding is fantastic!

1.jpg
    '12 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Tulliver

http://travelswithbarley.com/

Found out that I have the weekend free so I signed up.

Wrapping up the last minute details at work.
    Bike packed.
    Blinker fluid checked.
    Hitting the road at O-Dark Thirty tomorrow.
    See you all soon.

rocketman[1].jpg
    2009 R1200RT, 2005 R1200C Montauk (The elusive Piedmont Red & Silver "350" commemorative model); and 2002 R1200C Montana
    Moderator of www.Chromeheads.org

To all who helped organize this event, much thanks.
    Food was great & met some nice folks. Accommodations were outstanding.
    Got to spend some quality time with Pete & Tulliver, as well as Jules & Joanne from Quebec with their '68 R69S.
    To the Weather Gods.....thanks for cooperating.
    To the fine states of Vermont & New Hampshire....thanks for allowing me the opportunity of cruising your roads, taking in your scenery & mingling with your peeps this weekend. My 300 mile ride Saturday was a blast, and I'm sure only touched the tip of the iceberg as to what else these great states have to offer.
    Left VT at 8:30am Sunday...60 degrees.
    By the time I got to the Throggs Neck Bridge, it was 99.
    Welcome home!
    Until next time........
    2009 R1200RT, 2005 R1200C Montauk (The elusive Piedmont Red & Silver "350" commemorative model); and 2002 R1200C Montana
    Moderator of www.Chromeheads.org

As a "first-timer" attending a weekend getaway event, the bar is now set high for future events. Thanks to the crew that put it together.

Between meeting some great people, the unexpected summer-like weather, and comfortable accommodations, the weekend was simply great.

I did the Lakes ride on Saturday. Enjoyed it so much that I decided to get up very early Sunday and did the Quebec ride (thanks to Marc for putting the maps on my GPS) and still make it back to Boston for the last quarter of the Patriots game.

Looking forward to more next spring.

I totally agree! This was also my first MOA getaway and the venue was great, dinners were terrific and we had the chance to talk to many other really nice people over the event. I look forward to next year's.

Agree. Enjoyed it immensely. Thanks to Marc and gang for all the work. I met three pretty over-the-top characters at the event, but I guess they met one too.
    Lee A. Dickinson - Danielsville, GA USA
    MOA 80364 | RA 29650 | ABC 3480 | IBA 8914
    1992 R100RS - 1993 K1100RS - 2013 R1200GS

Itís was a grand event to me. The weather was good . I enjoyed it and will consider going again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thomas Sells
    00 K1200RS, 03 F650GS & a 06 Ural Patrol