• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Eureka Springs, Arkansas -- August 18-20, 2017

+ Trout Fishing

Those of you attending the getaway in Eureka Springs who enjoy trout fishing, will be very pleased to know that one of America's best trout fisheries is located about a half hour ride north of E Spgs at Missouri's Roaring River State Park. It is located south of Cassville, MO.

+ Bentonville BMW

Those of you attending the getaway in Eureka Springs may appreciate knowing that a BMW Dealer is located in Bentonville, AR. Bentonville BMW. B'ville is only a short ride to the west of Eureka Springs. I think they are very responsive and knowledgeable.

There is a wooden decked scenic suspension bridge in the town of Beaver. Highway 187. At the the other end of 187 is the beaver lake dam. Also very scenic.

Highway 23 is the pig trail a must ride.

Or you can ride to Push Mountain Road. Highway 341. between Mountain View and Mountain Grove. That road cost me a melted front tire. It was fun. Ended up only getting 3000 miles out of a PR 4.

On your way down, detour thru Joplin, see all the reconstruction since the tornado, between 32 streets on the west side to 15 street on the east. Note that the towns of Duquesne and Duenweg on the east side are notorious speed traps, shame on them.

Rod

It appears the flooding this year was recordsetting, and the beaver bridge is currently closed.

The deck was under water they tell me. There is a possibility of scouring the foundations. Pending inspection results it may be open by the get away.

There will be some interesting sightseeing from the floods.

Rod

If anyone plans to visit the War Eagle Mill, you need to ride in from the east off of Hwy 12.
The old bridge at the mill is closed for construction and the estimated completion date is Sep 30th.
The bridge has a 3 ton load limit and needed to be updated.

War Eagle Mill (2).jpg

War Eagle Mill (3).jpg

One of the girls at the mill took this picture I believe on May 1st.
Water was up to the building but did not damage the first floor level.
War Eagle Mill.jpg

The historic wood decked suspension bridge at Beaver Ar is now open.

Good Photo opportunity.

The pig trail is open. There is a slide goes down to one lane but still open

Hope you all have fun. Not attending but there is lots to see and do in the area.

Hope the current temperatures prevail.

Rod

Looking forward to riding down from Colorado for this event. If y'all could turn down the humidity for a week, that'd be great ;)

Thanks for the tip on Bentonville BMW; will be staying in Austin on Wed (my daughter is stationed at LR AFB) and need a service and rear tire. Will be riding up to the dealer Friday morning to get it knocked out before heading to the hotel

Thanks for the tip on Bentonville BMW; will be staying in Austin on Wed (my daughter is stationed at LR AFB) and need a service and rear tire. Will be riding up to the dealer Friday morning to get it knocked out before heading to the hotel

Friendly shop :thumb
Call ahead to make sure they have the tire you want.

Will arrive at Best Western Wednesday PM...great area riding planned for Thursday...work set up and registration Friday...ride Saturday and share stories Saturday night. Looking forward to meeting you!

Anyone familiar with Bentonville have any Intel on what's a good time killer within walking distance of the dealer? My daughter will be with me but I'm not riding pillion on her sv650 lol

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Back