• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Music apps on an iPhone and the BMW Nav 5?

beemermyke

I have the Nav 5 on my GSA and have my iPhone 5S and a Sena paired to it. Wanting some other choices for music (other than the MP3 music files that I already have on the Nav 5's SD card) is it possible to listen to music from Spotify, Pandora, iHeart, etc. if any of these apps are installed on the iPhone? I also downloaded the Garmin Smart Link app onto the phone, but have no idea how it really interacts with the Nav 5.

I have the Nav 5 on my GSA and have my iPhone 5S and a Sena paired to it. Wanting some other choices for music (other than the MP3 music files that I already have on the Nav 5's SD card) is it possible to listen to music from Spotify, Pandora, iHeart, etc. if any of these apps are installed on the iPhone? I also downloaded the Garmin Smart Link app onto the phone, but have no idea how it really interacts with the Nav 5.

Any music app on the iPhone will play through your SENA.

The Smart Link app provides the traffic or weather info to the Nav 5, if you bought the service. The find function in Smart link is a much easier way to find and enter a location and put it in the Nav 5. The Nav 5 interface is clunky and horribly slow. Smart Link is fast and will send the location to the Nav 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The find function in Smart link is a much easier way to find and enter a location and put it in the Nav 5. The Nav 5 interface is clunky and horribly slow. Smart Link is fast and will send the location to the Nav 5.

Never noticed that feature. Just tried it now and it works slick.
Thank you.

I load music from my iTunes music library onto my iPhone 6. When riding, I play that music by pressing the "phone" button on my Sena 10S intercom to summon Siri, and simply say, "shuffle music". When I'm done, I just repeat that process, but say, "pause music". I have a Nav V on my GSA, but have not loaded any music files on it. By the way, I also have the Garmin SmartLink App on my phone, and have purchased both the weather, and traffic, subscriptions. Before starting a ride, I just open the App on my phone, before I put it in my tank bag. Obviously, I use it for weather and traffic, and to do searches off the bike, and load the info onto the Nav V (as mentioned earlier in this thread).

Back