• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Miller Motorsports Track day?

The Miller Motorsports track is just SW of the rally site.
They already offer track time to regular folks in cars on Wednesdays
http://utahmotorsportscampus.com/en/get-on-track/wide-open-wednesday.html
Is there a chance we could see track time during the rally?

Sure hope so. I suggested that about a year ago, after the venue announcement was made. David Grant (a director in 2010), tried to do a track day in Oregon, but the facility was simply too far away. Also, in 2012 I helped stage an adventure riding event in the facility right next to Miller, the Deseret Peak Event Center. Part of the event happened at Miller during the WSBK race.

Beyond a simple track day, there is also an opportunity for training and socialization. A pre-rally party like the GS Giant's Gypsy Tour, where people can get together and make friends prior to their entry into the National Rally. The benefit of this is that you come to the rally with some friends already made.

If you're new to our community that makes you feel much more comfortable, which is important to a quality rally experience and feeling a part of something that is more than a magazine subscription.

Ian

ps -> The Utah Motorsports Complex would make a wicked place to have demo rides, too! :evil

Sure hope so. I suggested that about a year ago, after the venue announcement was made. David Grant (a director in 2010), tried to do a track day in Oregon, but the facility was simply too far away. Also, in 2012 I helped stage an adventure riding event in the facility right next to Miller, the Deseret Peak Event Center. Part of the event happened at Miller during the WSBK race.

Beyond a simple track day, there is also an opportunity for training and socialization. A pre-rally party like the GS Giant's Gypsy Tour, where people can get together and make friends prior to their entry into the National Rally. The benefit of this is that you come to the rally with some friends already made.

If you're new to our community that makes you feel much more comfortable, which is important to a quality rally experience and feeling a part of something that is more than a magazine subscription.

Ian

ps -> The Utah Motorsports Complex would make a wicked place to have demo rides, too! :evil

Ian,
I visited the old Miller track (now Utah Motorsports Campus) last May and met with the interim management. I would love to have a track day, but there are a number of logistical and financial hurdles which would have to be overcome. We have no people or money for something like this, so both will have to be sourced.

Right now, we have some other new areas of the rally we are focused on, but we will look again at the possibility of some activity at this track. One thing we would need is a Committee Chair and Co-Chair to ramrod this project. Anyone interested should contact me off-list. Not a guarantee we can do this, but it's how we can explore every possibility.

Last edited:
Back