• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The New Bagger BMW

rhautau

Introduced at the Detroit International Auto Show in early Jan with Member 70 Dick Hautau sitting on it.

Attachments

• Dick on new BMW 1-14-17.jpg
    Dick on new BMW 1-14-17.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 564
  • 20170119_180642.jpg
    20170119_180642.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 570
  • 20170119_180656.jpg
    20170119_180656.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 565
Meh.

But, I hope it sells well so as to subsidize BMW's sport-touring and adventure-touring offerings. I'm betting buyers will be surprised at the cost of their first 18k service.
Best
DG

Last edited:
I think many will be surprised at the number sold, many cruisers (Harley) might go for it, especially once ridden!

I like the looks as well as the Harley Bagger and better than the Honda Bagger.
BMW did a better job than their first try at a cruiser.

What has happened to BMW? IMO, that thing is the worse looking motorcycle BMW has ever built. :banghead
PS: I hope they can't sell ANY. I wouldn't park next to one.

What has happened to BMW? IMO, that thing is the worse looking motorcycle BMW has ever built. :banghead

Aw come on Gail, use your imagination. After several hundreds of dollars in aftermarket chrome, some leather fringe and straight pipes, and you'll love it.

Looks comfortable :thumb Perhaps this is BMW's way of providing a touring bike with what appears to be a comfortable seat height.

cw1016-2017-bmw-k1600b-image-16.jpg

http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-bmw-k1600b-first-look

Just in- Seat height-

The K 1600 B's frame is lowered per bagger tradition. The back end has been slammed compared to the GT, with the rear seat height being 2.75 inches lower.

OM

A choice?

How is this different than a Honda F6B or the MotoGuzzi MGX-21 Flying Fortress? Not much creativity, in my opinion.

I am with the "meh" crowd on this one as well. I know some GW riders that are looking into this machine. They had been on the fence with the 1800 bagger Honda makes, this is just giving them a second option. I have not come across an HD rider that is willing to cross the pond for a bagger, but I also do not get out much.
Mike

I will give BMW points for creativity with this bike, and I'm sure it's a great machine, being based on the now proven K1600 bikes. But I can't imagine that they figure they will sell very many of them. I would love to see where BMW's economic justifications come from for this one. With Harley owning this segment, then Honda with it's F6B, the new MotoGuzzi, the Indians, and all the other Japanese cruisers, isn't this class of motorcycles about flooded? How many can you move off the showroom floor? And that's not counting the innumerable used ones out there going begging.
I'm just glad they are also focusing on smaller, lower cost machines like the new G310R. Very practical, and I believe, forward looking.

By the way, just what does the 18k service on a K1600, or a K1300 cost? You never know, I might want one someday. I do like the K bike idea. Can I say that here?

Back