• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Boston & NH

dseero

Vagabond
Just joined BMWMOA because I bought a 1975 R90/6 for nostalgic reasons.
2E6A33DB-F18C-4105-9083-72D447AFF079-3724-000003CB6AA04BB5_tmp.jpg

Also have a Honda CRF100F the kids ride, a Yamaha Trailway 200 (AKA "The fat tire flier"), a Yamaha WR250R to chase the kids around, and a Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS. The only BMW owned previously was a 1983 R65. Also owned a 1979 Suzuki GS750 (first bike), KLR650, two Suzuki V-Stroms, and an SV650SF for track days.

We live in Boston [Dorchester, near Boston Harbor] but have a place on the W slope of Mount Sunapee NH with great riding all around that area, and have half a mile of trails carved out of the woods.

Been a member of Yankee Beemers for five years or so, but didn't get to go to many events. Taking 6-8 months off work so this season should be different.

My wife got her MC license last year. We have three kids, 17, 15, 13.

Hi deseero - Good to hear from someone else in the neighborhood. I'm over in the Brookline part of Chestnut Hill, and ride my R1200RT out and around. I'm retired so when the weather's warm, I try to take some longer trips. This past Fall I went out to Oregon, down to California and home. My tolerant wife asked me to make that the last trip to the West coast.

Anyway, the next YBer breakfast meeting will be on February 21, and as usual, out in Mendon, MA at the Willowbrook. I'll be driving out and if you'd like to ride along, we can get together. Also, MAX BMW is having a big event on 2/11 at the store in North Hampton, NH. The YB will have a booth (more like a table I'd say) and some of us will be up there most of the day. I'd offer to have you join us, but I'll be there from 8AM to 4PM, so you might be better off on your own.

There's a YB event a week from today on 11/4. It's the annual holiday party, and you might look on the YB website for details.

Looks like you've got quite a stable of bikes. I'd think it would be hard to find a lot of space in Dorchester for all of them, so some must be up north in NH.

Welcome to the Forums, and I'll look forward to meeting you at some YB event...

Feb 21 is school vacation week so we'll be away.

We usually leave the CRF100F and TW200 in NH. I keep the WR250R in the garage in Boston year-round so I can take a spin when there is a weather window. The R90 is in the garage in NH at the moment, have to get up there to remove the instrument cluster for service.

Welcome to the forum!
The Trailway is a classic....I have one of the TW200's. I'd call it a classic but save for a kickstarter, seen one- you've seen 'em all.
The YB's have a forum iffin' your interested. If you decide to register, I'll check you in.
Enjoy.
Gary

Welcome to the forum!
The Trailway is a classic....I have one of the TW200's. I'd call it a classic but save for a kickstarter, seen

The YB's have a forum iffin' your interested. If you decide to register, I'll check you in.
Gary
Registered there since 2013 as Garandman. The Facebook page seems more active. Is YankeeBeemers.org hijacked or something? It redirects to KenSpring.

Registered there since 2013 as Garandman. The Facebook page seems more active. Is YankeeBeemers.org hijacked or something? It redirects to KenSpring.

Hi there, it's running off Ken's server as John mentioned. I noticed you posted the other night, was wondering where you had been.......hadn't heard that "bring" in a while :)
FB has a number of things fouled up.....there has been discussions both here and on the YB forum. I have my view on it but it's been posted.
Good to see you on- in both places.
Gary
BTW, been spending some time in NH on the ATV :thumb

Welcome to the forum. That R90 looks sweet, how many miles are on it? It looks pretty well kept.

32,000 and seems legit. BPO only rode 1,300 miles in last 3-4 years. He bought it, wife got pregnant, The End.

Tw

Just bought a tw200.I am in the New London NH area.Will be at Max next weekend,might ride the wethead GS over.

Back