• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Registration now open for the Hill Country Hangout

Texpaul

Lost again
Please join the San Antonio BMW Riders at Kerrville- Schreiner Park in Kerrville, TX April 7-9th for a couple of days of beautiful springtime in the Texas Hill Country.

Rally fee includes 2 nights tent camping, a rally pin for the first 100 attendees, chili dinner Saturday night, poker run on Saturday, and door prizes and awards Saturday night. In addition you are situated in the middle of some of the best riding in Central Texas, just minutes from Hwy 16 and the Three Sisters.

Rally Accommodations
Camping – tent site included in rally fee. Sites have tables, plenty of trees and there is water available nearby. This is a tent only area. There is a rest room with showers nearby.
Mini -Cabins – We have a limited number of first come/first serve mini cabins available for an additional charge. These cabins sleep 4 (2 bunkbeds), have a table, chairs and electricity.
RV – No RV’s are allowed in the rally camping area but there are RV sites available in the park in nearby loops.
Hotels – There are numerous hotels/motels in nearby Kerrville.

Rally fee is $35 for early registration (PayPal or credit card). Registration after April 1 is $45 at the gate, cash or check only. We look forward to seeing you in Kerrville!

Questions, contact pmulhern@swbell.net

Registration information at http://www.sabmwra.org/html/club_rally.html

Another interesting spot is the Hill Top Cafe on 87 NW of Fredericksburg.
We have stopped there several times for ice tea or pie but have not had a meal there.
Prices are a little high here also but the meals we have seen sure look and smell good.
Odd hours. Meals are only served for a few hours at lunch, then again for supper.
http://hilltopcafe.com/
http://hilltopcafe.com/menus/

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 114
Another interesting spot is the Hill Top Cafe on 87 NW of Fredericksburg.
We have stopped there several times for ice tea or pie but have not had a meal there.
Prices are a little high here also but the meals we have seen sure look and smell good.
Odd hours. Meals are only served for a few hours at lunch, then again for supper.
http://hilltopcafe.com/
http://hilltopcafe.com/menus/
Hey, Lee. Glad you posted about the Hill Top. Here is a post I did in the BMW LT forum back in the day. Talks about the K1200LT inaugural ride stateside. South Central regional forum hosted many an RTE at the Hill Top, back when the group wuz way more active. Hope some of the Rally attendees find time to include the Hill Top during their visit. Best always.

"Some of you may remember that the inaugural USA ride of the BMW K1200LT motorcycle took place in '99 (I believe) and ran from San Antonio, Tejas to Anaheim, CA.* A group of LTs made their first stop, a photo op and lunchies, at the Hilltop Restuarant just outside Fredericksburg, Tejas.* BMW ON had an article of the run, along with some pics and some cafe info.* One of our South Central early RTEs took place there, with folks from LA, AR, and of course, TX.* Good size crowd at the time.* Only a few of the folks in attendance are still active on the LT forums, while even more have moved to various other marquees or changed BMW model rides.So, for a tenth anniversary heralding the arrival and start of the LT brigade, I thought it would be appropro to re-visit the Hilltop for this Sept RTE.* As you have read in the Hilltop's website, the owner - Johnny Nicolas - is a member of the Asleep at the Wheel band, playing guitar and doing vocals.* Colorful character, with an appetite for serving up good music AND good vittles.* It's a small cafe (converted from an old gas station) that has grown little by little to a nice country size; located at the intersection of US Hwy 87 and FM 648.* Carries an address of Doss, TX (Doss has a Post Office, a school, a church and a coupla period houses from back in the day).* BTW - it's a nice little two lane ride from the Cafe over to Doss, where you can pick up FM 783 if you wanna take that thru Harper over to Kerrville, or north to near Mason or on into Llano on 29.The cafe is about 10 miles outta Fredericksburg, on 87 toward Mason.* Can't miss it, as you can see the name on the roof as you approach, ala the website pic.Seems last RTE we had there, several folks rode over to Luckenbach for some afternoon entertainment and then took various twisty roads back towards their home areas.* Others found some overnight hotel/motel accomodations in F'burg.Anyway, there it is - the 26th of this month.* Lunch hours are 11:00 -2:00, and I would suggest that when you arrive, grab a table and order.* Maybe establish arrival time mostly between 1100 and 1130.* Parking lot tire kicking after lunch?* Most bike parking can take place in the front of the defunct gas pumps, with butt to cafe for the slope.* There is some flattish area nearer the intersection.Oh yeah, one of the details I'm working on is the notice that they don't do separate checks per table.* They'll surely try to put us at two reserved tables that can seat 10 or 12 each, and if I remember right, each table at the last RTE had a group rep collect and settle the tab at the register.* I'll continue working on that, as well as how to handle credit cards for those that use 'em.* Just be aware - the cafe is smallish inside and smallish in employees, butt they'll do the best they can.* Johnny does remember the inaugural stopover - said he hadn't seen so many beautiful bikes in one place - his place!!! I'm gonna start another thread here, with a better title header, and with the pertinent info for the RTE.* Please add your name; your riding partner if bringing one; your home town; and your scoot info.Cy'all there - ride safe!!OH, and btw, this one shocked me!!* Cheryl plans on caging it - I do declare!* The mystery is no longer!!!!** **"

This is just about the last call for the early registration for the Hill Country Hangout. We are having a beautiful spring and expecting the bluebonnets to be in full swing come the second weekend in April. Save $10 and register early. After April 1 it will be $45 cash or check only at the rally site. Details at http://www.sabmwra.org/html/club_rally.html .
Hope to see you there.

Back