• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Darwin Award in the ATX

Mug shot sums things up nicely..... jailhouse garb and his arm in a sling. Wonder if Daddy bought him the Ferrari?

Really a shame about the car :D.

Think of it as economic stimulus.

A new car will be sold, a tow truck operator / salvage yard will charge fees, the defense attorneys and hospitals will charge fees, the the municipality will assess fines, the land owner may be awarded damages, etc. Several people are saying thank you, right now.

Not too long ago there was a similar story involving a guy wrecking a borrowed Ferrari Enzo valued at a million dollars. Also doing over 100 MPH. High horsepower, high speed and high BAC combined with mediocre IQ seldom works out well.

Isn't ones insurance invalid if driving drunk?

Not usually. There is normally no such exclusion, certainly to liability coverage, because that simply harms the already harmed. Contrary to public policy I believe the term is. I am not a lawyer but I'm sure at least one will correct me if I am wrong.

Darwin Award in TX

Certainly a top 10 contender. Very fast car, twisty road, drunk idiot behind the wheel. Yep, sounds like we have everything needed. Don't worry about the car, that will buff right out.

Friedle
At least he didn't take anybody out with him.

I'm no Ferrari expert but that looks like a twin seat sports car. How in the world did they get three people in there and more to the point, without a seat belt for at least one of them and sitting on someones lap, how could they walk away from a flip like that?

One of my greatest fears on two wheels, is meeting this idiot or one of his many friends coming the other way. My R1200GS was supplied without the optional airbags and roll cage. :banghead, so although he walks away, I'd be cactus.

I'm no Ferrari expert but that looks like a twin seat sports car. How in the world did they get three people in there and more to the point, without a seat belt for at least one of them and sitting on someones lap, how could they walk away from a flip like that?

One of the articles I read mentioned it was a two seater. Ferrari has at least one four seater.

Looks like it was this model.

http://www.caranddriver.com/ferrari/458

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/05/28/2015-ferrari-458-speciale-review/

Not too long ago there was a similar story involving a guy wrecking a borrowed Ferrari Enzo valued at a million dollars. Also doing over 100 MPH. High horsepower, high speed and high BAC combined with mediocre IQ seldom works out well.

Then there was this guy in the Bugatti Veyron east of Houston splash into the salt water marsh...on purpose

The wrecker drivers fun is in another Youtube clip

And the true story of his scam

http://khon2.com/2014/08/28/bugatti-lagoon-crash-insurance-scam-bird-vindicated/

H and I were just talking about how could three or four folks could fit in a Ferrari, guess Lee may have the how:scratch

Funny how the DUI's seem to survive crap like that...lucky he didn't take others with him for sure

It's really dark in that area, used to travel it a lot when with the city's electric utility...and many times on bikes...just not at night as it is way more populated than the road can safely handle nowadays and not much ROW to ever fix it.

100 MPH, crash, woods, airborne, upside down, land on it's side and no one was killed or seriously injured. They all must have been drunk.

Insurance will pay, like in all these idiot crashes, and then we'll all pay a bit more for our own insurance.

Insurance will pay, like in all these idiot crashes, and then we'll all pay a bit more for our own insurance.

How so? If the guy/victims end up as a vegetables on disability and Medicaid, then yes. We do pay and therefor some advocate helmet & seat belt laws.

But, relative to auto insurance and liability insurance price impacts, that would be limited to the age group and type/model of car. So, what would you expect a 28-yr old to do with a $1~200K, 500+ horsepower car.

Back