• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycles of Charlotte & California Superbike School

RYD1WD

As part of our continued commitment to promote motorcycle training in our community, we are very excited to partner with Keith Code and his California Superbike School again in 2017!

Together, we are offering our customers a $100 per day discount for the upcoming season! One day courses will be discounted $100, and the two-day course/semi-private training will be discounted $200! In addition, CSS will provide you with full track-quality riding gear for your school sessions, free of charge, should you need or choose to use it.

PLEASE mention the BMW Motorcycles of Charlotte $100 a day discount when you register online or by phone - 800.530.3350.

“It’s NOT a typical track day” For those of you who don’t already know me, my previous professional chapter was in motorcycle training, curricula development, and instructor development - both MSF and well beyond. As a lad who doesn’t generally enjoy typical ‘track day’ scenes, I found the CSS experience to be a genuine pleasure. Keith’s curricula, staff, and mobile production is absolutely top notch on every level. The execution by the instructors, track management staff, and hospitality staff is hands down the best I have ever experienced in any track or training environment. The emphasis is not on speed, it is about control and awareness of motorcycle dynamics. The understanding you will gain regarding cornering technique and traction control directly translates to the street, elevating your proficiency, safety, and enjoyment of riding, regardless of what you ride. Track based training has proven itself to be the single most effective rider improvement method in the world—Over 150,000 enthusiast riders have taken advantage of the Superbike School's 4 level program in 33 countries at 118 different tracks, since 1980. They pioneered track based training and truly are the number one advanced rider education organization in the world.

Keith’s mobile production is quite comprehensive, and comes fully equipped with a large quiver of 2017 BMW S1000RR’s, and track appropriate gear should you want/need to utilize it. In the words of Nate Kern “The S1000RR is simply the most difficult motorcycle built to run out of skill on.” Having taken several opportunities to explore that very possibility on the RR in ‘open’ environments over the last 5 years, I whole heartedly agree! The S1000RR converted me to BMW in 2012, even though I don’t ride sport bikes on the street.

For most reading this message, our closest opportunity is at the Virginia International Raceway, with dates in May & Aug. VIR is a fantastic venue - a great track supported with outstanding accommodations and eateries on property - my favorite being The Oak Tree Tavern with its great historic Virginia farm country vibe, great food and exceptional tap selection. Regionally, there are also several dates available in May at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY; and The Barber Museum in Birmingham, AL. For those looking for a great excuse to travel and experience some epic tracks, there are sessions available throughout the season at COTA in TX, Laguna Seca and Streets of Willow in CA, and a little known gem and personal favorite in WA - The Ridge!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Have fun, ride safe!
greg.north@bmw-ducati.com

Back