• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Zumo 660 on an RT

motodan

I know the ZUMA 660 will mount on BMW's R1200GS cradle, though bike's wonder wheel won't be effective. However, does anyone run a 660 on an RT? I know wheel will not operate GPS, but will it mount, lock and charge? Thanks.

I know the ZUMA 660 will mount on BMW's R1200GS cradle, though bike's wonder wheel won't be effective. However, does anyone run a 660 on an RT? I know wheel will not operate GPS, but will it mount, lock and charge? Thanks.

From what I have read the 660 will mount and charge on your RT. My info comes from the internet :)
I don't think the RT has the option to lock the 660, or a Nav V.

Last edited:

Phew, I thought that extra $600 for the Nav 5 (when the 660 was on offer recently) was completely wasted until I find out the Wonder Wheel is non functional with the 660...

660LM works

I have a 660LM that works perfectly. Mind you, as you say, it does not work with the wonder wheel. Nor does it lock.
But it holds in the cradle, charges and helps me find my way on my 2014 RT.

From what I have read the 660 will mount and charge on your RT. My info comes from the internet :)
I don't think the RT has the option to lock the 660, or a Nav V.

You're right Lee, doesn't lock on RT....my bad.

Did your bike arrive today?

It did...sitting in 50 degree garage, while 40 degrees outside with misty rain. Won't be riding much, but will get some items mounted (battery pigtail, Hyper-lites and such) and do systems set up. Haven't checked air pressures yet, hopefully they'll be correct, but my experience has most car and bike deliveries at 10/15 pounds over factory suggestion. COME ON SPRING!

but my experience has most car and bike deliveries at 10/15 pounds over factory suggestion. COME ON SPRING!

I always check new bike and car tire pressures. Bought two bikes that had both front and back tire pressure at 50 PSI.

Do you have a Zumo 660 you plan to mount? I have a 665 with an XM receiver I'm no longer using if you're interested.

Fletch

I've got a 2016 RT, and I already had a 660LM Zumo for another bike when I got the RT. Before I bought the bike i took the Zumo down to see if it would fit. It does perfectly. It comes on when you turn on the ignition, and turns off when you turn off the ignition. Sure, as stated by others, you can't use the wonder wheel, but the wonder wheel does limited things (go page to page, and zoom in and out), which are not functions I'm often changing and when I want to I do it the old fashion way, by using the touch screen. Not a big deal, at least to me. And certainly not for the $500 difference. The mount on the RT does not lock the unit it, and I wish it did, but neither does it lock the Navigator model in. So you either keep an eye on your bike when eating, or you take the unit off your bike. Somebody should develop a locking collar that you can lock around the push-button release so that the unit cannot be ejected when the collar is locked over the releasing push tab. For the mechanically inclined it could be a simple design. There's a design and marketing challenge for someone who is mechanically inclined. I'd buy a locking collar for $50.

Somebody should develop a locking collar that you can lock around the push-button release so that the unit cannot be ejected when the collar is locked over the releasing push tab. For the mechanically inclined it could be a simple design.

I've seen 1 or 2 threads here showing how a member came up with a way to lock the GPS on a new RT.

Edit:
I did not find the MOA threads, but found a couple others.
Post #20 has pictures.
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/rt-series/144346-2014-rt-gps.html
It also has a link for another fix.

Last edited:
Back