• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Easy fix for sticky throttle - 2009 R1200R

tinytrains

Still plays with trains.
Went for a ride today and found my throttle was stiff and would stick at full open. After riding home assuming my cable was bad, I discovered the grip was simply rubbing on the bar weight. I put a thin washer behind the weight and the problem was solved. If all things were so simple.

Scott

Scott - heated grips on? The throttle tube grows in length with the heat from the heated grips. Makes it rather frustrating to use most throttle locks.

Don,

Yes I had the heat on for a bit, but it did not clear when they cooled. There is deformation on the outside edge where my palm hits the grip, and that was rubbing.

Thanks
Scott

Back