• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Forum pictures looking good :thumb

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
The new picture is looking good :thumb

forum_header_012017_(1).jpg

OM

The pictures are good and I appreciate the effort but IMHO it wastes a lot of screen real estate which causes more scrolling. Is it possible to have a style that omits it for those that don't want to see it? I haven't tested them all which is why I ask.

Mike -

Wow, and I had so many cool pictures to show over the next few months! :( It's just one more turn of the mouse scroll wheel! :stick

Well, yes, I can change one of the skins to not have an image up there. I just tried it on one and vBulletin still tries to force something, and comes up with a default that has an error because something must be in the variable slot. There are probably a dozen different skins, most of which were built by people who earlier had the keys to the forum software. I built one from scratch...not particularly easy to do. I have noticed that there are a few skins which from first glance appears to be virtually identical. Probably no reason to have 2 or 3 skins that are just the same. So, I suppose one of those skins could be sacrificed "for the cause".

The mobile skin omits it but I am not particularly fond of the layout for use on my iPad. A copy of the default skin without the picture would be ideal for me but I am not trying to make it all about me. It was just an observation. On that device in landscape view you lose almost two thirds of the screen before you get to the post contents.

Last edited:
The mobile skin omits it but I am not particularly found of the layout for use on my iPad. A copy of the default skin without the picture would be ideal for me but I am not trying to make it all about me. It was just an observation. On that device in landscape view you lose almost two thirds of the screen before you get to the post contents.

I suppose I'd be in the same camp if I were using an iPad...what resolution is the iPad set to? Would that be a consideration...plus some glass? ;) On my regular computer monitor, it only takes up about 1/3 of the screen...it wasn't enough to make me even notice.

I have no control over the size of the pictures...Ted Moyer was good enough to create a handful of them. If they get much smaller, then you wouldn't be able to see anything. And they'd have to get really, really small to get you any more usable screen back.

Not sure why my observation would make you bang your head against a wall but it was not my intention to create a headache for anyone. Fugetaboutit.

I think it's a good suggestion to have an alternative screen, or way to turn off the photo. In that way the forum format allows flexibility to make a variety of people, with a variety of desires or taste, happier. With I assume, some effort on the developers end, and that would likely be one time effort, for long time repeatable enjoyment for those that don't want the picture.

I think it's a good suggestion to have an alternative screen, or way to turn off the photo. In that way the forum format allows flexibility to make a variety of people, with a variety of desires or taste, happier. With I assume, some effort on the developers end, and that would likely be one time effort, for long time repeatable enjoyment for those that don't want the picture.

Sorry the picture takes up too much room. I thought it might brighten the place up!!

If you don't want the picture, choose a different skin, specifically the "vBulletin 3". The picture will not be displayed. It will be a different color background, etc., but that's the best that can be done at the moment.

Battle of the Legends Bike, 1995. I may have seen this bike on the track at Daytona back in the day. Man, times flies.

Back