• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RV Camping at the SLC Rally

smiths70962

Does anyone have confirmation that RV camping will be available on the rally site in SLC? From what I have read, it looks like the answer is no, but if someone knows different, please share. If anyone has a definitive answer either way, please share. I have a site reserved at the KOA next door, but I am hearing that there may be RV camping on site. Thanks in advance!!

I am the Rally RV Chair for 2017, along with Bob Still. George "Pineapple" Davis who usually runs the RV's had other obligations this year
RV registration opened today and as of a few minutes ago, there are 47 sites remaining. Sites are 30 amp only and cost $100, Wednesday thru Sunday noon. Additional days are available @ $25/night. There will no doubt be a hydrant to top off your fresh water tank on arrival and there may be pump out service available for a cost. I wouldn't be surprised if we could find a dump station on your way out.
This is going to be spartan RV camping, but it is on site.

There have been a few questions asked regarding the RV sites and frankly we don't have the answers yet. About 1/2 of the 100+ sites will be new. They are being installed in conjunction with the rebuilding of the rodeo arena. Since they will be new sites, I expect them to be sized to accommodate modern RV's with slides and such.
Regarding several RVers camping in a group, The best way to ensure adjacent spaces is to arrive together. Unlike tent camping you're paying a premium and we'll do our best to suit your needs. If all the sites are the same size, you'll be on your own to select a site. If some sites are larger than others, we'll use them for the larger rigs.
As more info become available, we'll post it here.

RV site next door

There have been a few questions asked regarding the RV sites and frankly we don't have the answers yet. About 1/2 of the 100+ sites will be new. They are being installed in conjunction with the rebuilding of the rodeo arena. Since they will be new sites, I expect them to be sized to accommodate modern RV's with slides and such.
Regarding several RVers camping in a group, The best way to ensure adjacent spaces is to arrive together. Unlike tent camping you're paying a premium and we'll do our best to suit your needs. If all the sites are the same size, you'll be on your own to select a site. If some sites are larger than others, we'll use them for the larger rigs.
As more info become available, we'll post it here.

Registration site as of today still says no RV camping on site, but call 801-328-0224 for a site next door. Calling that number they have sites for $56 per night with a KOA discount for full service sites. I like your numbers better, but don't know where to register. If someone will post when the info is available, Thank you.

RV site reserved and we can't make the rally now...

We are not going to be able to attend the rally after all, but have an Electric hook-up RV site reserved. They are now sold out.
Anyone interested? $100

Interested in your RV Registration

Yes, I'm interested in your RV Registration. Please get back to me when you can.
Thanks,
Ken Wagner
Santa Cruz, CA

We are not going to be able to attend the rally after all, but have an Electric hook-up RV site reserved. They are now sold out.
Anyone interested? $100

RV site available

I have an electric RV site at the rally that unfortunately I am not going to be able to use. I'm told by MOA that they do not offer refunds but that if I found a buyer they would transfer the site to someone else. So if someone is interested feel free to contact me and hopefully we can make it happen. The site cost is $100 for the rally.

Thanks,
Michael

I got confirmation today that the additional sites will no have electricity as the transformer will not arrive until October.

I have a site available (electric) $100.

Jed Simpson (501-538-3979) #89557 (jedsbmw@att.net)

Welcome to the forum!
Please post when this site has been reassigned so I can delete the post. That way you won't be receiving calls on it way beyond this years rally.
Gary

Another RV Site available

A family illness has caused us to cancel our ride west this summer. Sadly, my wife and I won't be able to use the onsite electric RV site we reserved.

If anyone is interested in transferring the site into their name PM me and we can work something out.

Welcome to the forum!
Please post when this site has been reassigned so I can delete the post. That way you won't be receiving calls on it way beyond this years rally.
Gary

sgtbill has informed me that he has sold his site to another member.

Back