• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member looking for info on Patagonia/ South America guided tour trips

craigs1200

Trying to put together a last minute trip to Patagonia in March.

Group of 2 riders and we are trying to get some info on the different guided tour operators down there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

Friends did this

Did you go? Looking for referrals and experience

I have no personal experience, but have a friend in Southern Brasil who did. He has an GS Adventure and rode two-up all the way down to Ushuaia and back in 2016. Said the the Highway 40 (along east side of Andes) is spectacular, road is good; easy ride.

He also rode down the west side of the Andes on the "Carretara Austral" in Chile. Look it up in Wikipedia. Another good ride.

A little different ridin experience, In 2015 he and two riding buddies rode from southern Brasil (SC) to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Took them 66 days, then they shipped their bikes back to Montevideo from Anchorage. They invited me, but I was afraid of the bandits in Central America and Mexicoso so I did not meet them until they crossed the Mexican border at Brownsville, then rode with them to Portland, OR. They continued on to Alaska after that. I had an F800GT that I didn't think was suitable for the dirt road north of Anchorage.

In my experiences looking for rental bikes down there, it seemed that Argentina and Chile had rental operations. (Fortunately for me, they have always found bikes for me to ride there, however.)

Back