Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The "Land of Oz" Rally - Get Ready For An Even Better Weekend!

Former Club President DonHamblin's Avatar

The "Land of Oz" Rally - Get Ready For An Even Better Weekend!

Rally Ad 3.jpg

Treat yourself to a weekend the whole family can enjoy at beautiful Warnock Lake, Atchison, Kansas! In the heart of the “best kept secret” of the midwest, you can enjoy scenic touring roads, ADV riding with the GS Giants, Championship KC BBQ (with special kids meals), Field Events, an Old School Bike Show, Live Music, Door Prizes, Awards, 24 hour gourmet coffee or explore historic sites in the most haunted city in the state. Shaded camp sites along with nearby motels, B&B’s, and restaurants. Still one of the most affordable rally weekends you can find.

Check out more details and updates as we get closer at our website KANSAS CITY BMW MOTORCYCLE CLUB KCBMWMC.COM

Warnock Lake Park
    17862 274th Rd
    Atchinson, Kansas 66002
    Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931

Aviation at the "Land of Oz"

Now for something completely different!

Not since the BMW MOA held their International Rally in Rhinebeck, NY., have BMW rally attendees been treated to an aviation experience like we will have on Sunday morning of the "Land of Oz" Rally.

Rally attendees will be provided a private tour of the last remaining 1935 Lockheed Electra L-10E. This aircraft has been painstakingly restored to its pristine original cosmetic and flyable condition. What is so special about a Lockheed Electra L-10E you ask? Well it is the sister ship of the famous aircraft Amelia Earhart flew on her ill fated round the world flight! The restoration was completed by another female aviator who dreamed of recreating her flight, but since medical issues grounded her she has put the aircraft on display in Amelia's home town.

Lockheed Electra L10E.jpg

Not exciting enough for you? That same morning there will be an "All Female Airplane Vs. Motorcycle Drag Race" on the runway. The race will be between a local female "crop duster" (in her own vintage airplane) and the women of the Two Time National Championship road racing team G-Baby Racing! Not only will you see "ride like a girl" but also "fly like a girl!"

http://www.gbabyracing.com/

"Because, because, because, it's the magical land of Oz!"
    Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931

Cool Aviation and Motorcycles, but of course.

This land of OZ rally you speak of Don... sounds very intriguing. I have my leave put in all the way to national. By the end of national 7 months into the year, I will have burned all my use or loose. Could you do me a favor and move the rally to lower Alabama so I can attend without taking any leave?
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 and #364
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    This land of OZ rally you speak of Don... sounds very intriguing. I have my leave put in all the way to national. By the end of national 7 months into the year, I will have burned all my use or loose. Could you do me a favor and move the rally to lower Alabama so I can attend without taking any leave?
    Reece, shouldn't be a problem for you to make it. I know it's only about 750 or so Miles call in sick on Friday and ride home on Sunday. I used to do that every year when I lived in Huntsville.
    Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931

I'll try, I'm not as hard core as you Don, I turn 50 that month. I'm feeling all 50 of my jumps, the ones where the parachute opened, and the ones where it didn't.
    MOA # 143779

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    I'll try, I'm not as hard core as you Don, I turn 50 that month. I'm feeling all 50 of my jumps, the ones where the parachute opened, and the ones where it didn't.
    Do keep it in mind. If not this year then next year.
    Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931

Quote Originally Posted by DonHamblin View Post
    Do keep it in mind. If not this year then next year.
    The older I get the more i realize next year, is never garunteed. Live life now, tomorrow will take care of itself. The chicken rally is the weekend before, and I try now to make it to my parents house for what will now be the 3rd annual Reece Mullins father son ride. So I not only need you to move the physical location of the ride, could you adjust the time to be more convient to my schedule.. All joking aside, I will really need to make it out there one year. I so totally need to retire.
    MOA # 143779

Hey Reece, I'll up the anti.... be glad to buy the drinks (beer, Whisky or Scotch) for the weekend for a fellow 101st AB"er....

Quote Originally Posted by weschmann View Post
    Hey Reece, I'll up the anti.... be glad to buy the drinks (beer, Whisky or Scotch) for the weekend for a fellow 101st AB"er....
    Aww man; damn! I may need to make this happen.
    MOA # 143779

One Lucky Rally Goer!

How Long.jpg

How long have you been waiting to go to your first “Land of Oz” Rally? Your wait could be over! Our newest sponsor, Hear The Road Motorcycle Tours Italy http://www.motorcycletoursitaly.com, is donating an entry into the “Land of Oz” Rally for one luck first time “Land of Oz” Rally goer! Yep, it could be yours for free. Just send an email to rallykcbmwmc@gmail.com with your name and address in the email’s body, and we will select one lucky person for that free entry. So do not delay – send that email today!
    Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931

Definitely looking forward to attending this rally! It looks like it's going to be a great one and one of the highlights of my epic trip. Meeting new folks, seeing some nice bikes, eating bbq what more can you ask for?
    -don
    "If you don't treat yourself right, no one else will."
    '06 R1200RT, '13 F800GS, and '16 R1200GSA (wife's)

On-Line Registration

Visit our webpage: kcbmwmc.com to register on-line https://kcbmwmc.com

Print and Mail Registration Form

Talk about a bargain!

The Kansas City BMW Motorcycle Club's "Land of Oz" Rally is an event put on by riders for riders and their families. Our goal is to host the most enjoyable event at the most affordable price. With a preregistration price of $30 you will be hard pressed to find a better bargain anywhere that includes the meals, activities, and riding we provide! Save your wallet, check out the best kept secret in the midwest!

Preregister at:
    https://kcbmwmc.com/oz/rally-shop-2017/
    Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931

Outstanding Rider Awards at the "Land of Oz"

The "Land of Oz" Rally has always been known for their awards and this year is now exception. Here's a preview of what they will look like this year. Just imagine bringing one home!

Awards.jpg

This year's awards will be presented for:

Longest Distance Male

Longest Distance Female

Oldest Male Rider

Oldest Female Rider

Youngest “Saddle” Passenger

Youngest Male Rider

Youngest Female Rider

Largest Chartered Club at the Rally

Awards for our "Old School Bike Show" will be:

People’s Choice Award Best of Rally