• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Helibar risers?

Wunderlich has a tent with their products mounted on bikes in the parking lot a the Daytona BMW dealer for bike week. They have a new rt with their bar risers mounted. They are similar to the knock offs in the picture but look more robust. And because they are from Wunderlich they are more money. But they come with the removal tool for the person buying to keep. And on the demo bike they are almost not noticeable.

I've been using the Ilium bar risers for over a year and I don't feel they effected handling at all except to make the bike much more comfortable. Great product and like said before definitely rent the install tool. Very easy install.

Have to agree. It's amazing what that little bit of rise and back does for your posture when cruising along. I've had my Illium risers (and also their tip-over bars) for a couple years now. Very happy with both purchases.

Have to agree. It's amazing what that little bit of rise and back does for your posture when cruising along. I've had my Illium risers (and also their tip-over bars) for a couple years now. Very happy with both purchases.

Completely agree, installed them a week ago on my RS1250RS and what a difference.

Completely agree, installed them a week ago on my RS1250RS and what a difference.
Any chance you can post some pictures? Thinking of moving to RS from my RT but concerned about riding position so risers wound be a must

Any chance you can post some pictures? Thinking of moving to RS from my RT but concerned about riding position so risers wound be a must

There are already photos posted of Illium risers on this thread. ...Mine look just the same!

Here are a couple of shots of mine on my '21 RS. These made a huge difference along with a set of Suburban Machinery peg lowering blocks. I am 6'4", 35" inseam, and now have my RS set up perfectly for long days.

Zwolf.jpeg

HeliBars.jpeg

I have Helibars on my K1300S and I like them.

I ordered a new R1250 GS a week ago and ordered the 1.5” risers from BMW which bring the bars UP but not back. Check the specs as some of the risers to both which ,of course, is personal preference depending on your build and the fit on the bike.

Back