• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What would you change or add to your new stock K1600?

jw44440

Ive had my 2016 GTLE since July. I have 7000 miles under the tires ... Absolutely love it and am NOT complaining.
I am curious though, whout would you like to have seen on your bike that it didn't have when you first got it. Personally, with old knees, Id like to have had Highway Pegs, a heater outlet on the left side for my jacket ( The cord isnt long enough to reach either right one) and a USB charger in the trunk. (All will be added by this summer but im curious if anyone else has an idea that might make life just a bit simpler and more fun.

That being said, Ill say again, I love this bike and I think its the best bike Ive ever owned.

a heater outlet on the left side for my jacket ( The cord isnt long enough to reach either right one)

Powerlet sells a extension cable for your jacket, or you can add a pigtail to the bike battery and have the end on the left side of the bike.

Risers, peg lowers, Sargent side frame covers, Aeroflow screen, large and mini wings and RDL seat are my main changes.

USB charger and heated gear plug on left side are in the garage waiting to be installed

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Over on the 1600 forum a fellow named RL Lemke makes a inner oil drain plug, well worth the cost. Scene design P3 lights help out tremendously in the rear visibility area
A couple makers have conversion kits to allow front blinkers to act as additional running lights they are a big +

These bikes need a good horn! First mod I did after almost getting wasted twice by inattentive drivers.
Now it sounds like a '72 Lincoln and gets attention!

Attachments

• IMG_3566.jpg
    IMG_3566.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_3573.jpg
    IMG_3573.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 192
Power outlet for heated gear

The first hole I drilled in my 2012 GTL was for an outlet for a heated jacket. I found the perfect spot on the left side just above the small compartment. The power routes nicely to the battery compartment through a fused connection. IMG_0059.jpg

Upgrades/Add-ons

1. Engine Crash Bars
2. Windscreen
3. Seat
4. Additional lights front/rear
5. Horn
6. Adjustable brake/clutch levers

Back