Thread: 2004 R1150RT Fog Lights Blowing Fuse

2004 R1150RT Fog Lights Blowing Fuse

I've had this bike for about 4000 miles. When I got it, the fog lights worked fine. The other day I flip them on and I get light for second then they go out. I checked the fuse and it had blown. I tested the relay and that is fine so I figure I've got a short somewhere. We had been having lots of rain here in Houston and I had been trying out a few windshields. I'm thinking some water found it's way where it shouldn't have but I haven't pulled anything apart to look yet. Any tips on what to look for or where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by grendellion View Post
    I've had this bike for about 4000 miles. When I got it, the fog lights worked fine. The other day I flip them on and I get light for second then they go out. I checked the fuse and it had blown. I tested the relay and that is fine so I figure I've got a short somewhere. We had been having lots of rain here in Houston and I had been trying out a few windshields. I'm thinking some water found it's way where it shouldn't have but I haven't pulled anything apart to look yet. Any tips on what to look for or where to start?
    Look for water, wetness, broken insulation, or bare wire. Also carefully look if the wire is anywhere close to anything moved or removed when changing windshields.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Just finished rewiring both OE fog lights on an '03 1150GSA today.
    Same complaint - fuse blowing.
    Behind the lamp covers was a dogs breakfast of overheated connectors and melted wires.
    Looks like an amateur was in there applying a mix of tape and blob soldering.......
    Lead balls were rolling around inside the housing.
    Ended up re-doing the entire harness ends with all new wire and connectors on both lamps.
    Last edited by GSAddict; 12-14-2016 at 06:39 AM.
    '
    Ufda happens..........

Need your R11xx Hall sensor rewired? PM me.