• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

When is a 2017 GS not a 2017 GS

sufferin_boothead

Sufferin Boothead
Hey gang. Before I head to my BMW dealer looking for a 'new' GS, I'm curious what the recently announced EICMA GS models will be called?
2018? 2017 II or were the early model 2017 really a 2016/17 ? Does anyone know what is so 'exclusive' about the 'exclusive model'?
Thanks for info. I don't want to look like a total neophyte going into showroom.

This is a link to an article I have read about the two new versions. LINK
The BMW Motorrad site has details on the two versions (Rally Style and Exclusive Style) - LINK
There is also a video from BMW floating around, but I can't find the link for that.

I have been studying the same thing and it is addressed on the Adventure Rider forum. Sounds like the 17 GS that is being sold here in the states is more or less a retitled 16 GS, with very minor changes. Sometime in July-September of '17 the new GS that is being sold in Europe will make its way across the pond as a 2018 model. I was on Max's site and he has photos of the 17 GS, sure looks like a '16. I'm thinking they are going to have to give a nice discount to get somebody to purchase that model.

Re titled? Before things go off the track, can't be done unless you were thinking of unchanged or renamed.
Honda tried that some time back- calling a previous year the new year. Results was a CA suit.
OM

To clarify it's the same bike (with minor changes) but will be titled a 2017 As I said go to Max's sight and see for yourself

A quick search reveals that, as of today, there are a lot of new 2016 GSs still available for sale.

I gotta think that it would harm the likelihood of selling them off if the newly redesigned version was available for purchase here in the uS at this time.

Back