• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

URAL Quality Testing - Sort of

2012 Ural

Wow, I just noticed this is a really old post, I guess I'll bring it back!

I have a 2012 Patrol T. It is a lot of fun, but if you get one without knowing the limitations you'll be disappointed. It's way underpowered and you have to keep up on things.
Around here there are a lot more gravel/dirt roads than paved roads, and it's perfect for that.

If I hop on the interstate for a 50 mile trip, it sucks. If I go to the same place taking the back roads it's a blast, and I end up discovering neat things (roads, places, scenery) that I never knew existed. I rode it to work a couple of weeks ago when we got a foot of heavy wet snow, laughing all the way!

I have to keep up on minor (so far!) maintenance and I can't accelerate up a hill, or into a headwind, but it is fun.
I hear the fuel injected ones have a bit more power so that would be a plus.

Last edited:
Back