• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anti-theft alarm

temesvar

Although i have the bike , 2008 RT, for a year now, recently i found out it is equipped with
factory anti-theft alarm. I don't even know if it works, or what is it supposed to do.
Can anybody shed a light on this?

Although i have the bike , 2008 RT, for a year now, recently i found out it is equipped with
factory anti-theft alarm. I don't even know if it works, or what is it supposed to do.
Can anybody shed a light on this?

It is supposed to make loud noises if somebody messes with your bike. How and whatnot - I have no idea.

There was a key fob with original purchase to arm/disable. Still available at a dealer.

Forget if a separate manual or it was described in the owners manual on operation

And yes...loud enough:bolt

Kinda slow here, so figured i bring this one up :lol
I have used after market alarm, still have a Gorilla on my other bike, and yes, they have to be armed
in order to function. I see nothing in the owner's manual about it. It only mentions about some warning
light on board, no siren.

The alarm sits under the pillion seat on top of fender towards the taillight.
Probably a separate manual for the alarm system then.

You live where alarms are a necessity or travel thru I assume?

I never set my 05RT's on purpose the few years I had it.
Bad folks just don't seem to seek the Beemers as targets...lot rarer than shiny cruiser bikes and SUZHONYAM sportbikes where the market supports a rapid stream of parts.

Or we have been real lucky for many years and miles with two bikes at a time out on the road:dunno

The alarm sits under the pillion seat on top of fender towards the taillight.
Probably a separate manual for the alarm system then.

You live where alarms are a necessity or travel thru I assume?

I never set my 05RT's on purpose the few years I had it.
Bad folks just don't seem to seek the Beemers as targets...lot rarer than shiny cruiser bikes and SUZHONYAM sportbikes where the market supports a rapid stream of parts.

Or we have been real lucky for many years and miles with two bikes at a time out on the road:dunno

That is how i found out i have a alarm, when i inquired what the box behind the tail light is.
Don't know how to arm it, am not even sure it works. Don't care for it, was just wondering
how it works, or can be checked.

Here is a link to my manual. PM me if you need any help with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebljojl8a40f1m2/BMW DWA6 alarm.pdf?dl=0

Thanks Mike! I never received a remote for the alarm, so there is a chance that it does not work
Although, it makes no sense to me why have the unit on without being functional. Am the third owner
of the bike, so don't know what is up with that, as well as the one i bought the bike from. Will try contacting
the dealer the bike was originally purchase from , maybe they can help me out with this.
Thanks again for the manual!

Max BMW parts fiche for your 08RT shows this info for two new ones:
65 75 2 337 407 REMOTE CONTROL - 433 MHZ 2 ea $54.57

Found a used one here but it is in the UK:
http://www.eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=827.0

There is a procedure in the manual on how to pair it with your alarm which I had to do after replacing the battery in mine when I first bought my used 07RT. I honestly can't remember if I got one or two. I will check and if I have a second I would be glad to send it to you so you could test and make sure your alarm works before you go through the pain of buying the remote.

Back