Thread: Can I re-size my electric leather riding gloves from x to XL

Can I re-size my electric leather riding gloves from x to XL

I was out today and for the first time used my electric heated riding gloves. Although they are sized Large, they are still a bit too tight. Can I stretch them in any way. I know my old non heated gloves could be soaked in water and then worn till they were dry and were molded perfectly.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I don't think that you can get enough of a uniform "stretch" so as you would be happy. I don't know the brand or condition but perhaps listing through the Marketplace and replacing them with the "better" size would be a better way to go. You may even find someone who wants to trade- in the other direction
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Dress for fall & avoid it AlanColes's Avatar
    The problem is that any type of fix, such as what you've done in the past with non-heated gloves would void your warranty and may kill a circuit, so you'll have to think about whether you want to risk destroying the heating function and not being able to return it versus buying the next larger size and selling your X -size at a reasonable discount.

I'd shy away from the water method just to avoid a circuitry problem.

Are they too small in every dimension, or just in one or two? Hand-width? Finger-width? Finger-length?

If it is just hand-width than there's a greater possibility that you might be able to stretch them if the fit is just "a bit too tight".

I have 4 pairs of gloves and typically buy gloves quite snug and let them wear into being "just right". It takes me about 2-3 months with a new pair to get them to "fit like a glove". Often I'll wear them around for other tasks as well to help. My winter gloves were used for running my snow-blower and shovelling snow to help break them in and that helped a lot. Come spring they were just right. ;-)
    Regards, Alan - President BMWONS - MOA Charter Club #097, BMWMOA/BMWRA/BMWONS/Airheads
    Current: '14 R1200RT / '06 Ducati ST3s / '91 R100GS / '86 R80RT / '75 R90S / '73 850 & '70 750 Commando Prev: '04 R1150RT / '81 Honda GL1100 / '77 Suzuki GS750 / '73 Norton 850 Commando

Quote Originally Posted by AlanColes View Post
    I have 4 pairs of gloves and typically buy gloves quite snug and let them wear into being "just right". It takes me about 2-3 months with a new pair to get them to "fit like a glove". Often I'll wear them around for other tasks as well to help. My winter gloves were used for running my snow-blower and shovelling snow to help break them in and that helped a lot. Come spring they were just right. ;-)
    I did that with a pair of slightly-tight Gerbing's four years ago. Mrs. ExGMan thought I looked a little odd wearing them around the house, but I did take them off for meals...
    John Gamel
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    BMW CCA 2006 - Present; BMW MOA 2009-Present
    Walt Kelly: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."