• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The New BMW G 310 GS Thread~

I have decided to update my 650GS as opposed to waiting for a 310GS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I test rode the 310R today at BMW of Denver for about 20 minutes. What a delightful machine. I'm still grinning.

I'm am definitely buying the GS when they are available. :usa

New 310GR

I got my new G310R last Thursday and rode it the 130 miles home from the dealer. I traded a Honda CB300F in on it. The BMW has 4 more horsepower and does seem more powerful. The BMW shifts better and 1st gear isn't as low. The fit and finish of the BMW is much more impressive. I had a small windshield on the Honda so I had more wind with the BMW. The BMW came with rubber valve stems so we had them put metal ones on so we could use our tireguard sensors. We also installed Hepko Beker bags on it and had ordered the brackets from the U.K. and took the bags off the Honda. We also put the tutoro oiler on it as we had it on the Honda; it didn't mount as easily as it did on the Honda and hope it works o.k.
Have only ridden another 30 miles since Thursday as had too much else to do. Hope to get a longer ride in today. I only had the Honda CB300F since April 20th and put a little over 10,000 miles on it. After being away from BMWs for 4 years we are happy to be back to BMWs. My wife has a 300GS coming. I had 3 Hondas and a Harley the last 4 years and 70,000 miles. My wife had a Harley and 2 Hondas, one being a 250 that she put 38,000 miles on. The Honda dealer had never seen a 250 with that many miles.

Attachments

• Dave's 2018 BMW 310GR.jpg
    Dave's 2018 BMW 310GR.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 184
  • bags 4.jpg
    bags 4.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 185
Wow!! Thanks for sharing your experiences with the new R Midget.

Counting the days now for the GS arrival!

Voni
sMiling

R Midget
Hahahahaha
That's funny

Voni, is red a color choice?

g310GS.jpg

"
The Racing Red non-metallic variant gives the BMW G 310 GS a classic GS paint finish. The full red color showcases the flyline especially compellingly, setting it perfectly apart from the light side trim elements with BMW emblem, the black grained plastic surfaces and the light rear section. In the engine area, light accentuations in Dime Silver matte provide a clear visual separation of the dark technical area from the body of the motorcycle, thereby further highlighting the bike’s upright proportions."

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...2016/november/bmw-g-310-gs-set-for-2017-debut

Voni
sMiling

Last edited:
Not a bad review. The "wordy" comparisons to the larger BMW didn't add much for me. It looks like tubeless tires? The metzlers were what came on my f800 (tubes) and were a decent tire.
OM

I really like the style of this presentation. A treat for the eye and the ears. Really shows the capability of the bike over a variety of terrain. No hype, just get on and ride.

Back