• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The New BMW G 310 GS Thread~

I know this is the 310GS thread but the quicker the 310R gets here the quicker the GS will get here. Last Thursday our salesman said he talked to the BMW Rep and the G310Rs are in port and waiting to pass customs and then will be distributed and should get ours by the first of September. We also have a 310GS ordered but didn't know when it would come.
What part of the country are you in?
OM

I have seen several pictures of the GS.
One with cast wheels and one with wire wheels.
The first GS in person was the 1st with wire wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With what I see is a bmw Ag failure to show the GS in a proper form, I have decided to keep my F650 GS and ride it until it fails.

Reportedly, there will be one of the 310 series at a local dealer today. Seems like the demo truck is in town?
Kinda figures........ I receive lots of advertising spam (from BMW and BMW-MOA) I don't want.......something I'm interested in- nope. :banghead
OM

With what I see is a bmw Ag failure to show the GS in a proper form, I have decided to keep my F650 GS and ride it until it fails.

Showing a photo of a bike in standard trim with cast wheels, and also a photo of a bike in optional trim with spoked wheels hardly seems like a big deal to me.

I have seen 2 310Rs neither had a key. That bike is being sold in Canada if the postings are correct. The rumored 310GS had been shown in several magazines being ridden in serious dirt and sporting wire wheels. The base 310 GS is shown in cast wheels.
I have decided to pass on this bike until BMW decided how it will be sold to the US public.

Reportedly, there will be one of the 310 series at a local dealer today. Seems like the demo truck is in town?
Kinda figures........ I receive lots of advertising spam (from BMW and BMW-MOA) I don't want.......something I'm interested in- nope. :banghead
OM

Ahem.......Here is the report-
The 310 for some reason are not ready for sale or test rides in the US . They had one but the computer was taken out.
om

I visited Max BMW in N. Hampton NH. No demo, no story and as always it will be here but don't know when.

Bought a 310R from Max in NH yesterday; has to be brought in from another store. It's ostensibly my son's first bike, but dad will need to thoroughly test ride it first! Bike to arrive NH next week, my son & wife will finalize the paperwork as I'll be out of town for work. Should be in the garage when I get home next weekend. There's only one (white) 310R in the showroom & it's sold...didn't ask about the GS, though.

Bought a 310R from Max in NH yesterday; has to be brought in from another store. It's ostensibly my son's first bike, but dad will need to thoroughly test ride it first! Bike to arrive NH next week, my son & wife will finalize the paperwork as I'll be out of town for work. Should be in the garage when I get home next weekend. There's only one (white) 310R in the showroom & it's sold...didn't ask about the GS, though.

Cool :thumb
It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the bike.
OM

Thanks Voni - will check the build date on mine; seems the Euro recall is for bikes built in a certain timeframe, I'll want to make sure mine isn't among them!

I'm happy that a few 310's showed up. It seems to me the worst plan for this motorcycle.
I don't recall any other BMW's having a screwed up launch.

I'm happy that a few 310's showed up. It seems to me the worst plan for this motorcycle.
I don't recall any other BMW's having a screwed up launch.

Have you forgotten the world's most famous rear suspension do not sell, do not ride, debacle?

Engle Motors had had a non running 310R at the open house a couple weeks ago. I was surprised it was not a bad fit for me.

View attachment 61128

Saw this at the Dells Rally this weekend.
Also the Nine T in café garb and
the Bagger GTL
Nine T and the Bagger were available for test rides

The 310's are frozen, aren't they? Due to a recall on the front end?

Last edited:
I just received a note from Max. 310r's are in and finally being ridden. Yeah

I just received a note from Max. 310r's are in and finally being ridden. Yeah

I sat on and ran it at Engle Motors in Kansas City today. Didn't actually ride it since we arrived by car absent any gear at all. Very nice bike. Now waiting for two G310GSs we have commited to buy ASAP.

Back